Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sweet Siblings

I am so happy that I am beginning to see more and more interaction between Ty and Lydie. I tell you what, I wouldn't miss a second of this for the world.

Yesterday, Lydie was in her crib napping, and she began to wake up and make a few coos. Before I could process what was going on, Tyler was headed up the stairs. Typically, he stays right with me, so I didn't understand what he was doing. I decided to just follow behind him at a safe distance, thinking he might be headed to his room for a specific toy. Well, as I rounded the corner, I saw him opening Lydie's door and walking towards her crib. He gently stepped on the bottom rail and pulled himself up to look over at her. I almost started crying. He heard her coos and knew she needed to be seen about.

Earlier today, out of the blue, Tyler walked up to Lydie, who was hanging out in her bouncy seat, and waved his little hand and said, "Hi, Ihdie." Then, he just walked away. He just wanted to check in with her, I guess.

Just now, after Ty woke up entirely too early from his nap, he was playing with one of his toys in his room while I was putting away his clean laundry. Lydie was downstairs by herself when she started hollering for us in her own little baby language. I said, "Oh, gosh, Ty, I hear Lydie crying for us." So, down the stairs he went. It took me a minute to understand what he was saying, but when I caught on, he was saying, "Coming, Coming" all the way down the stairs until he got to her. Once I caught up, I saw him kneeling beside her, touching her arm, and showing her his Thomas train. It was absolutely adorable.

I tried to quietly capture the moment on video, but the camera makes a beeping sound when it turns on and Ty busted me. So, the sweetness kind of evaporated when he knew he was being watched.

Whether you can tell or not, these two love each other more than I ever imagined. I knew I wanted Ty to have a sibling, but I never expected it to be this awesome. I am so thankful I get a front row seat to their lives on a daily basis.

[NOTE: My video was too long. It wouldn't upload. Even after about three hours of waiting. Sorry.]

3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

What a blessing that you are getting to "catch" all of these precious moments. It is good to document now, too. Especially since the good Lord knows they won't always be so sweet to each other. We will always be able to show them these blogs when they are fighting like cats and dogs one day!

ewhill said...

What I would give if you had a brother or sister. I would have enjoyed that video so much. It is obvious that Tyler feels very loved to be that affectionate and concerned about his little sister. Jennifer, I will say it again! You and Danny are fantastic parents. God knew what he was doing when he blessed Tyler and Lydia with the two of you for parents. I am so proud of you all!

Love,
Mom

Reeder Family said...

So sweet!! What a good big brother!! Before you know it, he will be holding Lydie's hand at the dentist like Grayson did for his little sister this past week!
How awesome that you can experience moments like this with your babies!!