
We are having a ball around here because Uncle Paul has been visiting with us since this past Friday. He is quite the runner (and is in all kinds of good shape and whatnot), and he came to D.C. to run in the Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday. To me, a marathon sounds like complete and total torture. To Paul, it sounds like fun. I think his idea of fun is much different than mine.
But, anyway...
Paul did an awesome job in the marathon. He finished running 26.2 miles in 3 hours, 23 minutes, and 50 seconds. Amazing. He finished in 865th place out of almost 30,000 runners. I'd say that's pretty darn good.
In the meantime, we've been having Uncle Paul fix all of our computer and television related dilemmas. Besides being quite the runner, he's also quite the techno geek. We love him for that and so much more.
We already know that Uncle Paul will be moving to D.C. next summer to attend the same L.LM program as Danny is attending this year, except Paul will be studying Environmental Law. Tomorrow, Paul and Danny are going to hang out at the George Washington University Law School for the day, which sounds like more fun than I can handle. I know they'll enjoy themselves.
When he's not running, fixing something, or touring the law school, Uncle Paul is playing with the kiddos. Tyler is especially thrilled with Uncle Paul's visit because Uncle Paul is WAY more fun than Mommy and Daddy. Plus, it's particularly fun to follow Uncle Paul around wherever he goes. Even to the bathroom. Poor Uncle Paul.
Paul will be with us until Wednesday afternoon, unless we can convince him to stay longer and become our live-in babysitter. I'm not thinking we'll win that one, but wishful thinking is always a good thing.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Run, Paul, Run!
Posted by The Watsons at 1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Goodness gracious - that time IS outstanding. And I'm with you; a marathon is my idea of hell on earth!
Post a Comment