Friday, October 30, 2009

My Gym Halloween Party

I can't tell you how glad I am that Danny and I chose to enroll our kids in My Gym. It was exactly the right choice for us. It is such a positive, fun place, and I believe that both Lydie and Ty are really benefiting from being a part of their program.

Tonight, we were able to go to the annual Halloween Party at My Gym. Tyler Reed was in hog-heaven. He just loved being around all those other children and running like a mad man through the place. I, on the other hand, was about two seconds away from needing an overdose of Xanex. You see, not only was my child running around like a lunatic, but so were about thirty other kids of varying ages and sizes and ability levels. And, those thirty other kids had their corresponding parent(s) chasing them around. I just had to throw in the towel earlier than I'd planned because I was about to lose my mind. I was laughing and smiling on the outside and crumbling on the inside. Too much excitement for this mama.

Our little Thomas the Train had such a wonderful time, though, and that it all that matters.



Lydie decided against wearing her costume because she had a rough day with all the poking and prodding she endured at the doctor's office. She was much happier in her blue jeans, watching big brother run and jump and play.






The Thomas costume was abandoned when it became apparent that it was going to get in the way of some sort of daredevilish trick that Ty wanted to pull. So, Danny decided to try it on for size. I'm thinking he might need something bigger than "up to 18 months."

0 comments: