My very favorite thing about having a family of my own is being able to create special memories together in all sorts of unique ways. I love special trips and exciting outings because they always etch pictures of my husband and my children in my mind in a way that can never be erased. That, my friends, is priceless.
I am not a big fan of the scary, ghostly, ghoulish halloween events, but I am all for fall festivals that include hayrides and pumpkins and apple cider and scarecrows. In fact, I dare say that fall traditions and holidays are my favorite of the year.
In keeping with my love for all things fall and all things memorable, I planned and executed a family trip to Cox Farms in Centreville, Virginia today. Wow! We certainly got more than our money's worth in the four or so hours we were there.
After a late, frustrating start to our day, I was a little afraid we'd never make it there at all. It seems like my best laid plans always start off that way. I'm glad we stuck with our flexible agenda, though, because it was worth all the hassle to see Ty enjoying himself like he did.
I won't bore you with all the details, but there are more than enough pictures below to give you an idea of our day. Suffice it to say that it ranks up there among the best days we've had together.
I truly felt sorry for the Mama Pigs because I couldn't imagine having to feed ten or twelve little piglets a hundred times a day. I guess once you become a mother you more readily relate to mothers of all kinds and species. Or, maybe it's just me.
"Cluck, Cluck, Chi-can!"
The kid LOVED the slides.
He was not a big fan of the hay.
This was so funny--notice the expression on his face and his sincere attempt to not touch the hay. He hated it! He crawled across this stack of hay on his wrists and then asked for a wipe when he got down. He's my own personal Mr. Monk (if you know the show, you know the reference!)
More sliding
Climbing through the pretend choo-choo with Daddy
Driving the big red tractor
This litte pumpkin spent most of the day in the stroller protected from the strong winds and chilly air. She is so adorable.
"Nothing runs like a Deere..."
You can't imagine how much this scene made my day. I was so anxious for Ty to ride a pony someday soon, but I was afraid he might be hesitant to do so. Reluctantly, I handed over the $6, introduced him to Ginger the pony, and sat him in the saddle. He said, "Weeee! Weeee!" all the way around the ring. Made my heart so happy (although I spent a great deal of time trying not to step in pony poop).


This is not exactly the annual pumpkin patch picture I was hoping for.










3 comments:
This is the coolest place! I can't wait to take ya'll to Goats on the Roof up here by me. Tyler is learning so much about the world through the opportunities that ya'll are giving him. It was great seeing him on the poney. What great memories to relive each year!
It looks like ya'll had a BOO-TI-FUL day!
Love,
Mom
That picture of Lydie is absolutely beautiful! Her eyes are amazing! I'd love to have a copy of that snapshot, if you don't mind...
Tdyler, I am so proud that you rode the pony. It was my favorite picture. Naturally the chicken picture was a top second choice. Lydia was a knock out in the close ups. It was so nice to see you all enjoying the farm. I love you wonderful ones , and I hope to see you in a few weeks. You seem to be growing so fast. I can tell that you wonderful parents are taking excellent care of you. Love, Papa Joe
Post a Comment