Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No News is Good News

Today was an uneventful day at the Watson house. Tyler didn't have a fever all day long, so I don't know what yesterday's issue was about. Even still, he didn't sleep well again last night. I am SO tired. After this super-brief post, I am going to bed, and it's only 9:12 p.m. right now. Yea!

Bird Update: We never found the baby, but the parents have rebuilt a bottom layer to their nest. It's been there for a few days with no new developments, so I am not sure what their plan is. I'll have to keep you posted.

Prayer Request: Danny has applied for the LL.M program through the Air Force, which is like getting a specialty attached to your law degree. This would make him a little more marketable and would be fantastic for the remainder of his military career, as well as any law he practices after he retires. It is only a one-year deal, and he is at the perfect point to take the time to earn this extra degree. Please pray that he will be accepted for this program and that he will get his first choice of locations, the Army JAG School in Charlottesville, VA. Of course, we only want what is in God's perfect will for our family, but we are asking that He lead us in that direction. We won't know whether he's been accepted or any other details until later in the fall, so mention it to God whenever you remember!

VBS: I forgot to let you know that VBS was fabulous last week! It was really hot and many of the crafts were difficult for the younger kids, but we survived. At all of the area parks where our church held VBS, we averaged around 350 children per day! By the end of the week, we knew of 12 professions of faith. PRAISE GOD!! I am SO thankful that our pastor's wife asked me to participate in VBS because I was able to meet some wonderful new friends, and I feel so much more connected to our church. I only thought I loved it before...now I really love it! I even found a roommate for the ladies retreat that we'll be having in September. I am finally enjoying Texas a little bit more...still don't want to be here too long, but the Lord has been faithful to share His blessings in some way everywhere we've been.

Okay, I have got to go to bed before Tyler starts his marathon awakenings. I'm beginning to wonder if there are some teeth trying to pop out. Note to self: buy some teething tablets.


Tyler has recently become very protective of some of his belongings. For example, I now have to bathe him with TWO red cups because he confiscates one during every bath. The kicker is that halfway through his bath, he decides he wants the other one, so we have to make a trade. To make it even more ridiculous, he screams when he gets out of the tub if he doesn't get to keep the red cup in his hand until he is completely diapered and dressed for bed. Doesn't that just beat all??? He's such a stinker!!

2 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

Jennifer, he is so precious! I could just eat him up!

Will put this military gig on the prayer list. I am all for Danny going somewhere in the Southeast...preferably within driving distance of Rome, but a short flight would work too. : )

SarahM said...

Hey, Girlie! I'm happy to hear that Ty is feeling better. What a cutie! We will put Danny on our prayer lists as well. Of course, I wish there were something that could send you guys back here! : )

Take care! Love you!