Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Meet My Little Peeps!

I am pleased to introduce to you our newest Barn Swallow babies!

With a ladder at an appropriate distance and a camera as zoomed in as possible, I caught these pictures of our little peeps. They are still very tiny, so you can't see much more than little beaks in the air. I counted three babies today, but that stands to change as they become a little bigger.

I just can't tell you how much it delights me to watch these birds do what God intended for them to do. It is another reason to praise God for all of His creations, large and small. I just love them!!

***See another new post below.***

3 comments:

Bill said...

Your house is bird magnet!

Unknown said...

It is! What is that next made out of? To me, it looks like they used some rocks mixed in with the straw/grass! I LOVE baby birds! I wish our house was a bird magnet!

The Watsons said...

Rachel, the nest is made of dirt that the birds scoop up in their beaks, moisten with saliva, and then form into a ball. Each little ball of dirt is then, somehow, pasted together and to the surface on which the nest will hang. There's also some grass and straw and such, too, but it's mostly on the inside.

It's fascinating!