Thursday, June 12th, 2008
We spent Thursday in Milledgeville, but we decided to stay low-key after Tyler's rough Wednesday evening. We just decided that he needed a slower pace and a little more rest. So, after a yummy breakfast with Ms. Bobbie and Mr Fred, he went home to play with Collin.
Carter, her son, Jeffrey, and Ty
This was funny! Carter had one of those Staples Easy Buttons in her office and Tyler became a champion easy button pusher. He was mesmerized. I need to get one of those for my house...
Danny and Ty on front campus
Jenn and Ty on front campus
After we visited GC&SU, we headed out to Aunt Millie and Uncle Miller's house. It's just not a good trip to Georgia without seeing them. They were glad to meet Tyler, and Tyler was happy to steal Aunt Millie's glasses!
Friday, June 13th, 2008
It was a sad morning to wake up knowing that we had to leave Milledgeville. There's never enough time to do all we want to do and see everyone we want to see. But, we made the best of it and spent some quality time with Mamama and Papa Joe.
When we left Milledgeville, we drove north to my mom's new house in Clarkesville. It was a little surreal to go to a place where I didn't grow up. But, I am so glad my mom has moved to a better area where she is surrounded by friends and not too far from family.
On the way, we were holding our breath knowing that Tyler was going to get hungry right about the time we were scheduled to get to mom's house. We were crossing our fingers that we'd make it all the way there without having to make a pit-stop. No such luck. Tyler demanded food with only ten miles to go.
It actually turned out to be a blessing because, as a child, Danny grew up taking trips with his family through this area on the way to visit the Cherokee Indians. When we were looking for a place to stop, he quickly turned into a little roadside park and picnic area and explained that he ate many, many lunches in this very place when he was little. I thought that was so neat, and I was glad that he could share such a special place with Tyler.
It's also really ironic that the park is in the City of Baldwin, and Milledgeville is in Baldwin County.
This one is a framer, and it's already a done deal!
Amazing what you start to find in your back pocket when you become a father.
Saturday, June 14th, 2008
Happy 5th Anniversary to us!
We decided to take a walk in my mom's neighborhood in the morning just to check out the area. It was really nice, and it was good to stretch our legs. Ty was especially thrilled with the adventure, can't you tell??
Happy baby playing with his daddy
In the afternoon, my mom had some of her friends over to see her new house and meet Tyler. It was good to see some of the ladies I hadn't seen in years. Lots of these people have known me since I was in middle school, so I'm sure they're thrilled to know that I turned out okay!
Sweet Elaine Prather and me modeling the outfit she brought for Ty
Elaine and Ty
Sunday, June 15th, 2008
Sadly, all good things must come to an end, so we made our way back to Atlanta to catch our plane. We made a quick stop back by Grandmother and Granddaddy's so they could see Ty again before we left. I'm so glad we worked that in because I know it thrilled them.
We had an easy time getting to our plane, but after that it was terrible. I can't even get into it here. Let's just say poopy diapers, spit-up/vomit, crying, and a delayed plane. Not good.
5 comments:
I am so glad you took the time to capture Ty's first trip to GA. Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures. He will appreciate these as he gets older and learns about the essence of the south.
How is the lone baby bird doing?
Oh goodness, I haven't filled Carly in on the bird saga yet.
I think your mama has a secret family we don't know about living in that house - IT IS HUGE!!! And I love it. Both Elaines look awesome!
You did such a fantastic job capturing the highlights of your trip with us (and Tyler one day).
I love seeing the pictures of Ty with Jeffrey and me. I was honored you had time for us. We love you!
It was a special treasure getting to meet people that are near and dear to your heart. So glad the Tyman was a good sport about his trip to Georgia. He is a travelin man for sure! Thank you for allowing us to travel with you. God Bless the Watson family.
Carol Harrell
That house is massive!!! I am sure Elaine is loving it though.
I, too, enjoyed seeing the adventures of Tyler in GA...already looking forward to seeing him again!
Post a Comment