
Tyler enjoyed experiencing his very first graduation today. He and I have been attending classes at The Little Gym for the past month, and we have had a blast! He is in the Bugs class, which includes infants from four months to ten months, and they work on coordination and developmental skills that help them as they learn to crawl and walk. I don't think I have ever been involved in anything as cute as these classes. We ring bells, we sing, we walk, we run, we jump, we tumble, we clap, we play with bubbles, we roll balls, we....yep, I'm tired just thinking about it!
Tyler has really enjoyed his class each week, especially interacting with the other children. I have loved having a structured way to play with him while enjoying the company of other parents. This class has actually been meeting since January, but they have continuous enrollment, so as soon as Tyler was four months old we signed him up! What a worthwhile activity! I can't say enough positive things about The Little Gym, and I would encourage all parents to check it out.
Today was the last day of the spring semester, so we had a little show-off day. The kids got to demonstrate their skills for lots of family members and friends who came to watch. It was precious. At the end, all of the children received medals for their participation in the class.
We can hardly wait for the summer semester to begin! Here are some pictures from our day...
Tyler and Me at the beginning of class...notice how he is so enthralled with watching everyone around him!
Tyler practicing his "crawling" on the big parachute
Miss Tessa, Tyler's teacher, used him as an example for the forward roll...such a star!
The midway point of the roll
This is harder than it looks with a 17 pound baby! The older kids get to go all the way over the parent's head and do a back flip...not so sure I'll ever be ready for that trick!
This is Tyler practicing his reaching skills on the "cheese" mat.
Miss Tessa preparing to give out the medals
Tyler, proud graduate!
Note: We had to resort to the paci by the end of class because he was SO tired, we were about to have a breakdown. Normally, the paci never makes an appearance! One of the best parts of The Little Gym is the long nap Tyler always takes when he gets home!
3 comments:
ok, that looks so fun that you have almost convinced me to sign up. Good job on the pictures.
That does look like so much fun! Addie and I are going to take a gymnastics class this summer too at our local rec department...it starts July 14 and I can't wait!
I am so glad you and Tyler shared this together...maybe he can show Addie some moves this weekend!
That looks so incredibly fun! I enjoyed the pictures. BTW....the first picture of Ty from the last blog is absolutely precious! He is going to be a heart-breaker! Love you guys!
Post a Comment