Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Ty-Man Went Down to Georgia--Part III

I have to say, these Georgia trip blogs are becoming overwhelming. I am going to cut to the chase from here on out and write the details later when I make Tyler's memory book. So, allow me to take you on a photo tour.


Tuesday, June 10th, 2008, Milledgeville, GA

We woke up at the Watson house and spent the morning playing.


LOVE this picture of Mamama and Tyler

When we go home, it is always important that we get a chance to eat at our favorite restaurants and get a taste of our favorite foods. This time, we wanted to share that with Tyler, too. I think anyone who ever studied at Georgia College, even for a short time, could put up a pretty swell argument that The Brick has the best pizza, wings, and calzones anywhere. It's a "can't miss" hot-spot.



Danny's favorite: Rosemary Chicken Ravioli


She requested to sit by Aunt Jenn!


Photos in downtown M'ville




After our delicious lunch, we went to visit some of Danny's old co-workers. Before and after he went to law school, he worked for Waddell and Associates, and, because he dealt with real estate, he became great friends with the folks in the Clerk's Office at the courthouse. They have always been so kind to us and have treated us like family. We couldn't be in town without visiting.


As with the courthouse folks, we had to stop by the Waddell office. I remember, very clearly, the day Danny signed his papers to join the Air Force in this office. It's hard to believe it's already been six years.

After an afternoon full of visiting, we were excited to enjoy a relaxing evening at Uncle Bubba (Earnest) and Aunt Nita's. Papa Joe was an only child, and he and Earnest grew up as the best of friends (you ought to hear some of their stories!). So, since Papa Joe didn't have any siblings for Danny and Lou Anne to have as aunts and uncles, Earnest and Nita filled that role. Beautifully, I might add. You can't spend five minutes with them and not fall absolutely in love with them. And, I would dare you not to crack a smile or laugh while you're with them; they are the funniest people!

Tyler snuggling with Uncle Bubba

If you were at my wedding, you might remember a very cute little ring bearer. Well, here he is five years later and about to start the seventh grade. I think Meikel is on his way to being a heart breaker!

Sabrina and Shea, Earnest and Nita's daughters

Collin had the right idea when he sacked out after our busy day. How cute is this???

Wednesday, June 11th, 2008, Milledgeville, GA

On Wednesday morning, we started with breakfast. Mamama fed Tyler some applesauce, and he really enjoyed it.

Amelia helped, too.

Since we didn't want to go across town but we couldn't leave Georgia without some white cheese dip, Danny and I took Tyler to lunch at Puebla's. The cheese dip didn't disappoint. We would have rolled in it, given the chance. You can see how impressed Ty was.



After lunch, Danny wanted to check out the Old Capitol Museum. We decided we would just walk there since it was so close. As we were passing Grant's Jewelers, I asked Danny if we could stop in to see what Georgia plates they had (for those unfamiliar, these are a collection of plates with historical significance relevant to Georgia; we have two and have been wanting more). I also wanted to see what they had in the way of garnet rings. I have been looking for a garnet ring for years because it's my birthstone, but I wanted one set in white gold that didn't look like a little girl's birthstone ring. Virtually impossible. Now that Tyler was also born in January, having a garnet ring bears even more significance, so Danny and I have been looking diligently with no success.

Wouldn't you know that in Milledgeville, Georgia, of all places, I found the perfect garnet ring. Not too fancy, not too girlish, nice sized stone, and set in white gold. My husband said he liked it and proceeded to look at the plates. I was SHOCKED when he said he wanted three of the Georgia plates and the garnet ring. Happy Anniversary to me! I absolutely love it!

After spending a few bucks and Grant's, we headed to the museum.





We told Tyler he had to have his picture taken with some Georgia cotton. It's like an unspoken rule.

After visiting the museum, we sprinted back to the Watson house to get ready for family pictures. Stressful is the word that comes to mind.

Our family photo turned out really well...once Tyler spit up all over himself and me before the picture and had a total meltdown at the end of the shoot. It was terrible. Seriously, I've never NOT been able to console him. Up to that point, he had been a perfect angel for having had so many new experiences with people and places. I could hardly blame him. I kind of wanted to cry too.

We headed back to Milledgeville from Macon and made a quick stop at the church to introduce Tyler to the sweet people who have loved and prayed for us since we first started dating nine years ago. Tyler was still a little edgy, so we didn't stay long.

After church, Ms. Bobbie and Mr. Fred came over to see Tyler. By that time he was totally exhausted, so they didn't get to see him too much. We agreed to have breakfast with them the next morning so that they could see him in a more pleasant mood. Can you believe I didn't take a single picture? Shame on me.


**Thursday through Saturday pics will be up tomorrow...it takes SO long to upload them, so I know I can't get it done tonight. Sit tight, this will be over soon.**

2 comments:

Bill said...

So much going on, I don't even know what to say. So glad you documented the trip so well. Just another reason to get your blog book!

Danny wins Sweet Husband of the Year for the beautiful ring and plates.

Joy Peterson said...

I love that ring!!! So beautiful! I agree with Julie...Danny does get Husband of the Year for that....

I've held out long enough and I think I am going to have to start collecting those GA plates. I think they'd look beautiful in my bare dining room, don't you?