We had three baby birds, and we are down to one.
The first one must have just collapsed because he's still hanging over the edge of the nest. It stinks to have to keep seeing him there and knowing there's nothing you can do.
The second one either tried to fly or fell or was pushed out of the nest. Regardless, he was on the ground most of the day yesterday. I put a tiny bit of water in a container top, but he didn't drink any of it. Last night, he was up and walking around on our patio, so we thought there was some hope. Right now, he's laying on his side with very labored breathing. I think he'll be gone before too long.
So sad. At least we still have one, and he appears to be strong and healthy. We'll see how he does.
Rest in peace baby birds.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Sad News
Posted by The Watsons at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm hopeful that last baby bird is going to live a full life!
Aww, that is really sad! I thought about your bird watching yesterday. I bought a bird feeder for Addison that held some bird suet...now I jsut have to hang it up! She is facinated with birds, which I think is so cute!
I hope that last birdie lives a long time too!
Post a Comment