Sunday, February 3, 2008

Out & About with Ty

We had an exciting family weekend that started with a Friday night date to Target and Garcia's Mexican Restaurant. As this was Ty's first shopping trip to Target, we had to document the experience:






And, we tested the waters by eating out with the baby, knowing he was due to eat at any moment and could erupt in the middle of our meal. But, thanks to the car seat and the sweet vibrations of the Texas roads, the little guy slept right through our tacos and enchiladas (although we were eating so fast that we hardly breathed and didn't say a word), and we even had dessert!




We also made a run to the bank and the BBQ place on Saturday, which looked like this:





And, on Sunday, Tyler got to experience great American consumerism at Wal-Mart:





It sure is nice to be a little more mobile these days. Tomorrow, we are venturing out to the Commissary on base for a little grocery shopping. I love the grocery store, so I am anxious to see if it's as fun with an infant in tow. And, we have a lunch date with a friend and her daughter on Tuesday at Red Robin...yummy! Our plan is to have a field trip every day, even if it's just a stroll around the neighborhood. We must get out of the house one way or another!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are finally able to drive and get out with Tyler.
You will be busy with playdates, storytimes, and shopping trips before you know it.
Your picture of Tyler in Target made me think about the first words Lilli could read. Target and Kroger. Amelia can now read Target , Trader Joes, and Chic-Fil-a.
I wonder what Tyler will read first.
Lou Anne

Unknown said...

Wow, he's growing sooo fast! He looks so cute in his Chief attire!
And I think its great that you have a week filled with outings-sometime, thats the only way I survive the day is by having an outing of some sort! Take care and thanks for THREE posts in one day!!!

Bill said...

Field trips will save your life. Get out often.

Joy Peterson said...

Outings are the best! Just remember that you will always get unsolicited advice about how it's too cold, wet, hot, dry, sunny, cloudy for you to have a baby out. Another plus--you can build up those triceps by lifting that carrier up and down, taking him in and out of the car! Precious little Tyler!!! I am loving that chief outfit too! Great job on the posting--keep it up. I want to see my little man grow up right before my eyes in this blog! I don't want to miss a thing!