Thursday, February 21, 2008

Presidents' Day Weekend

We had a great time over the Presidents' Day weekend. My dear friend Sarah and her daughter, Hannah, came from Louisiana to visit us. Such a treat!

I've written about Sarah in blogs before, but I will remind you again of how fabulous she is. We spent all of the 2006-2007 school year in neighboring classrooms and had such a blast. We ran errands at Wal-Mart on our planning period, picked up much-needed caffeine at Sonic, placed bets on football between our classes, and just generally made every day an exciting one. It was always pretty sad on the days when Sarah was out. It was like I was missing my other half. I guess we were two peas in a pod.

Not only did she make teaching 7th graders a whole lot of fun, she also single-handedly helped me through Danny's deployment. I would not have made it through that time without her. She was always ready to go somewhere or do something in an instant and knew just what to say and when. I am absolutely positive that God placed me at GMS last year specifically so that I would have Sarah to help me make it from September to February.

You can always tell when you meet someone that will become a lifelong friend, and I have certainly found that kind of friend in Sarah. I am so glad that she and Hannah were able to come and bring us some laughter and fun. It was a much-needed break from the ordinary, and I can't wait to see them again.

Below, you will see some pictures from the weekend. They are in no particular order because I don't have time to arrange them chronologically...sorry!




Hannah and Sarah at The Riverwalk


Sarah and Tyler
Hannah and Sarah at The Alamo
Hannah and Ty
I love this picture! We caught Miss Kitty at the perfect time!
Ty and Daddy



Hannah picked out these p.j.s for Ty to wear and they happened to come with a matching hat. He was adorable!


Sarah and Ty



Tyler's first trip to The Alamo! He slept all the way through the big event.



I love this picture, too. Danny and Ty at The Riverwalk.




6 comments:

Bill said...

How sweet (and brave) of them to come into a house with a newborn.

Love the pictures. I think the last one is a framer for sure.

San Antonio is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hello, J. Watson! I love, Love, LOVE your blogs.....and I certainly appreciate the kind words. I miss you more than words, my friend! School has been a bit emptier since the reminder of what is missing......everyone says that it's just not quite the same without you! I can tell you, Hannah and I CANNOT WAIT until we can trek back to San Antonio....especially since we won't get turned around in Tyler (Texas!) anymore.... And when Ty gets older...you and I can go somewhere for a Colorado Bulldog and Hannah can babysit! And I'm counting the days until I can bring a cute grown-up guest for you guys to meet!

I love the pictures, and there are several that will be framed at my house! I love the top one of the three of you.....very, very sweet! Take care, and let me know when the Watsons are ready for the Morrises!

Love ya!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that all of you had so much fun over the holiday week-end. Personally, I had to work! Oh, well! My little Tyler is so handsome in all of his pictures. I'm glad Miss Kitty cooperated for her picture. Can't wait to come back to San Antonio to visit the Alamo again and see the River Walk. What fun! We'll have to take some tours, also. Love you all! Take care!
Mom

Joy Peterson said...

Looks like ya'll had a ton of fun!! Tyler is growing up so quickly....and he is starting to look like you more and more. He for certain has your eyes...

Maybe one day the Peterson's can fly to San Antonio and visit you guys!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you lived so close to such pretty sites! The Riverwalk looks beautiful! And I'm so glad you had these places to take your friends and share with them. It sounds like ya'll had a blast and I'm glad you got to spend time with your much missed friend!
p.s. you look great!

kyle hitchcock said...

glad to see yall are enjoying family life...how fun! enjoy these days when he is so little...they start moving so fast! Love in Christ, kyle