Today was Fat Tuesday, and I missed living in Louisiana amongst all the Mardi Gras fanfare. To celebrate from afar, we had red beans and rice for dinner, and I admired my Mardi Gras mask that I bought in New Orleans with Sarah and remembered the delicious tea I drank at that neat restaurant on St. Charles Street (I think that's the right street...). There's nothing like Cajun Country, for sure.
Today was Super Tuesday, but we don't vote here in Texas for another month. I wonder if our votes will matter much by then? At any rate, I need to decide who to vote for. The evening was spent in front of Fox News watching the results come in. Very thrilling.
BUT, today was a BIG Tuesday because...drum roll, please...my baby smiled for the first time!! This was an authentic, not just gas smile. I was playing with him this morning and was touching him on the nose saying "Boop, Boop" in a ridiculous, high-pitched squeal. His eyes got big and his mouth opened in a wide, gummy grin. I was so excited, so I tried it again and it worked the second time, too. After that, it sort of quit working because he was distracted by other baby entertainment like the light on the ceiling. So, I thought it might have been a fluke. But, when Danny came home for lunch, I tried it again and it worked like five times in a row! Danny got it on video tape, but when I tried to snap a picture it didn't work out as well. I'll have to keep trying.
Regardless, it was fun being a mommy on this Big, Fat, Super Tuesday!
This was my attempt to catch the smile. I was really close to him because I had to touch his nose and make the silly noises. This was the end of the smile where his little tongue pokes out. You can't imagine how much fun it was to watch that smile spread across his little face! It makes all the late nights and bad moods totally worthwhile.
6 comments:
So sweet! I miss Cajun country too--or at least the part of cajun country I lived in....I kept thinking about a king cake all day long yesterday---Oh how I miss the burg and I never thought I would. Funny how that happens : )
Can't wait to see that big gummy grin in person. You'll come to love those gummy grins--they are still my favorite!
You have turned the corner now. It snowballs from here...the smiles turn into laughter, the laughter fits of giggles, then he starts rolling over, and before you know it, he will be walking and talking...
Your sweet boy has learned to give now, and your life has changed forever. So glad y'all got video of the first play time.
May today be slam packed full of Tyler smiles!
I love that pic!
Betsy
He is precious! We'll have to take him to Cannon's (and yes, it's on St. Charles) and introduce him to New Orleans society!
I'm so excited about the Presidents' Day weekend! Just be sure that I get editorial approval of any pictures!!! Love ya!
Sarah
It was exciting to see Rhonda's baby today. He reminded me so much of being with Tyler. I miss Ty so much! His little smile is precious! I can't wait to see the video. Make sure you document all the important events. Things will start happening quickly.
You both are wonderful parents. Tyler is a lucky little boy.
Love,
Mom
doesn't it just melt your heart?!?! certainly makes it all worth it! he's so precious!
Post a Comment