Monday, February 11, 2008

Close to Perfect

Today was as close to perfect as I could imagine. I am so thankful for days like these that serve to rejuvenate and inspire me. Since I don't know when I'll get another close to perfect day, I am relishing in today's happiness.

First of all, Tyler didn't wake up until 6:15 a.m. That means he slept almost eight full hours. Hooray!! This might have been a fluke and may not happen again for months, but I was really happy when I saw that clock this morning. I was able to change him, feed him, burp him, and get him back to sleep within about 40 minutes. After that, I ate breakfast, took my shower, and got ready for the day. At 8:15, I heard Ty stirring, so I knew it was time to get him up to eat again (he eats a lot in the morning since he sleeps long periods now at night).

When I went in his room, I turned on the light and peered over at him in his crib. As soon as I started talking to him, he got a big grin across his face and it just melted my heart. I was so excited that he seemed to recognize me and that I was there to rescue him. We did our little feeding and changing routine, and then we talked for about an hour. Once he went back to sleep, I got some chores done and made some phone calls. I had to wake him up at 11 a.m. to eat so that we could go meet Danny for lunch.

After a quick trip to the post office, we met Danny at a favorite Chinese restaurant, and Ty slept through our entire visit with his daddy. We then tried to go to a little children's boutique that is going out of business, but they weren't open. So, we went home and played on the play mat for a while.

We spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa talking and eating and watching t.v. The Ellen Show is a must-see at 3 p.m., and Ty and I look forward to it every afternoon. It's like our official break time.

Danny was home about 5:30 p.m. We worked together to get some more chores finished and dinner cooked. We fed Ty and then ate dinner ourselves. Before I was finished eating, I realized that "Jon and Kate Plus 8" was on and I had to rush to see it. I LOVE that show. I watched it yesterday for about four hours while I was Tyler-sitting and relaxing. That got me caught up on the episodes I'd missed before. I'll have to blog about that show another day. If you've never seen it, check it out on TLC. It will make you appreciate your own sanity.

Anyway, today was a near perfect day. I got a little more sleep this morning, I actually had time to shower and get myself together, and Tyler was adhering to a fantastic schedule. He didn't cry as much today and was, in general, a total pleasure to be around. He shared lots of smiles and coos, and he made me happy to be his mom.

I hope I will have a million more days just like this.





Tyler received his very first Valentine's Day card today from Mamama and Papa Joe. They included $3 for his piggy bank, which will add to his growing stash. I swear he'll have more money than us soon!

This was as close to a full smile as we could get this afternoon. One day you'll get the full effect, I hope.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW-look how much he's changed!!! Such a cutie patootie!
As for Jon and Kate-I am SO obsessed with that show-when I'm freaking out and thinking how crazy life is, I turn on that show(I DVR all episodes!) and my life is put back into perspective! God help that woman!
I'm glad you had such a good day-just know that LOTS more of those are in store very soon!

Bill said...

I'm so proud of the little man for sleeping so well. Teaching him to love his crib at this age is one of the greatest gift you can give him. So proud of you on that one! You will reap the benefits of that for years to come. Just don't panic if you have some bad nights. It sometimes takes awhile for it all to click with these little ones.

Here's to hoping the rest of your week is as good as Monday.

Ginger Carter Miller said...

Make sure you dance with him when Ellen dances! I'll bet he would love that.

He is really adorable!

Anonymous said...

I hate that my card didn't get there first, but it is on the way!
Has he received his package from me, yet?
Glad he is getting on a better schedule so that you can relax a little more!
I hope Tyler enjoys my Valentine's card to him.
Has he spent any of the $100.00 that I sent him, yet?
Love you all.
Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Love,
Mom
Sorry, I forgot to sign my comment.

KatieMGreen said...

awwwwwwwwwwww... i am so glad to hear this! doesn't it just get better and better and better? and it just continues! i am so happy for you and danny!!! yeah little happy tyler - you're so cute!!