Do you ever have those moments when your heart just flutters like crazy because it is so full of pride and everything seems right with the world? I don't have them often, but those heart flutters are the best things. I always think of them as God's way of patting me on the back and telling me that I am right where He wants me, right within His will.
I have had several distinct heart flutter instances that I will always remember, like the afternoon I registered for graduate school. I remember driving over the Organ Mountains from Las Cruces to Alamogordo, NM, and as I was looking out across the vast and beautiful desert, I felt those flutters creep up and just swell. I was so pleased with my decision to return to school to become a teacher, and God gave me His approval on my way home that day. I truly felt like God had spoken to me.
That moment was one of many heart flutter moments that I cherish. These days, those flutters seem to be springing up more often...like tonight.
Danny and I have a decent evening routine going these days. He comes home and feeds Tyler while I prepare our dinner. Then, Tyler sits in his bouncy seat on the table for our family meal time (Ty is particularly fond of the blessing because we each hold one of his hands...he always laughs when we pray!) We finish eating, clean the kitchen, and proceed to watch t.v., play with Ty, finish chores, or whatever until about 9:15 p.m. At that time, Danny gets Ty's bath ready while I get him undressed and psyched for his swim in the tub. After his bath, Danny cleans up the mess and prepares a bottle while I get Ty dressed and ready for bed. We turn down all the lights in the living room and kitchen and Ty and I sit down for his last meal of the day. While Danny gets ready for bed (and then goes to sleep), Tyler and I enjoy some coos and kisses over milk. He gets very sleepy while I burp him and when he seems content, I put him in his crib, wrap him in his blanket, and wish him sweet dreams. It's all very precious to me.
Well, tonight while I was holding him, I got the heart flutters. I was debating in my mind whether he was ready to be put down. Admittedly, I had been a little distracted by the t.v. and had held him longer than usual. As if he could read my mind, a little burp creeped out of his mouth like he was saying, "Yep, I'm done with this day, Mom. Let's hit the sack!" Burps from adults aren't so cute and sweet, but this one was timed just perfectly and made my heart flutter.
As I put him to bed, I thanked God for this little bundle of a blessing. There are moments when I'm not as thankful as I should be, but, then, God makes my heart flutter and I am reminded of the miracles that surround me.
Here's hoping that you feel some heart flutters today!
How the heck did I get so lucky that I get to share my life with this smiley little baby??
7 comments:
He is the cutest thing ever!!!
Those big eyes just draw you in...hurry up and come home to visit so I can see that precious baby!!!
Love you!
He is just perfect, I will have to agree with Joy, come home and vist so we can all get spend a little time togther. I will drive up and see you and Ty.
You put it much more eloquently than I could have, but I know exactly what you mean about heart flutters.
This post made me cry happy tears!
Tyler is such a happy little baby!
OMG, look at that precious smile!! He is so adorable Jenn!!! It looks like the giraffe is giving his head kisses!
And you did not get lucky-God chose you to be his Mommy!
He is so adorable. I can't wait to meet him next month! It is going to be so wonderful. I can't wait to see you again too:) Love you!
I think the top picture is one of my favorites so far. I can't believe how big he is getting.
I just love that smile...it melts me! Isn't it hard to imagine that is just keeps getting better? I love this post...such a heartfelt story from a mama!
Love in Christ, Kyle
Post a Comment