These days I look forward to the weekends with much more excitement than in the past. Before Ty came along, I knew Danny and I would do some fun things, get some chores done, and rest as much and as often as we wanted to. The weekends were nice, but they weren't cherished as much as they should have been. Now, the weekends have taken on a whole new meaning for me, and I am beside myself waiting for Friday evenings to arrive.
You see, staying home with a baby is not easy or glamorous. The crying wears on your nerves after a while, even when you adore the baby with all your heart. That combined with the lack of sleep and the looming chores you can never seem to get done, make me feel quite overwhelmed. I'm usually okay Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursdays I start to get edgy, and by Friday I'm begging Danny to give me his uniform and the keys to his office so I can escape to a couple of hours of peace and quiet.
So, when Danny gets home on Friday evenings, Mommy's time off begins. Usually, I keep up my end of the baby care deal until Saturday morning. Tyler has been sleeping from roughly 10 p.m. to 4:30 or 5 a.m. these days, so it's not too tough to take the night shift anymore. I always get up with him on his first wake-ups on weekend mornings and Danny serves as an assistant. After we get him back down for another nap, I return to the bed and go off duty. I get the chance to sleep in and Daddy gets to bond with Ty when he wakes up again.
Throughout the weekend I'm able to take naps and finish chores, basically getting things together for the coming week ahead. If I decide I want to take over baby duty, Danny takes over the chores. Weekends are just wonderful these days because it means having four hands instead of two and that makes all the difference.
This weekend was especially nice and full of happys. Saturday AND Sunday mornings I slept until 10 a.m. Awesome, I tell ya. I got my hair chopped off on Saturday at a really nice salon, and that made me feel better about my appearance these days. At least I have a hair style again instead of a perpetual ponytail. And, tonight, I got to take my first bath, in the garden tub, since I was about six months pregnant. It got to where I was scared to get in and out of the tub (it's really deep) as my belly grew and my balance became questionable, and after the c-section, I had to wait four weeks to take a bath. So, tonight was the big night, and it was wonderful. It was made even more wonderful by the fact that my sweet husband had cleaned the tub and the shower this afternoon, so I had a partially cleaned bathroom in which to bathe. Excellent. Now, I just have to get the counters wiped down, the toilet scrubbed, and the floor mopped, but that can wait for another day...or next weekend.
I hope your weekend was as happy and restful as mine!
This is how Tyler spent his Sunday afternoon.
4 comments:
It looks like Tyler and I spent Sunday afternoon the same way. I sat down to do some stuff for work and was out like a light.
Glad thinks are going good!
Betsy
Glad you got some rest and a bath!
Our husbands are amazing - they work like dogs so we can stay home with the little ones, and then they actually want to help us when they get a break from work! How blessed we are!
Hope y'all have a great week!
That's exactly how I spent MY Sunday, too!
Love ya!
Yes, I too look forward to the weekends for the exact same reason-an extra set of hands!! And I agree with Julie, too. They bust their butts all week working, only to come home and help work around the house! Aren't we blessed?!
Post a pic of your new hairdo!!!
Post a Comment