Friday, July 23, 2010

Tuesday Nights

**from Tuesday, July 20th**

I'm a planner. In as many areas of my life as possible, I plan. It's my thing.

I even grocery shop the best (and save the most money) when my meal plan and grocery list are well thought out and all applicable coupons have been clipped and separated. I don't like to be surprised by much, and I definitely don't like for 4 p.m. to roll around only to find that what might be for dinner is a big, fat, glob of nothing. So, I plan my menus for the week, leaving a couple of nights open for meals out.

Here in Florida, my meal planning just got easier.

On Tuesday nights, the local mall has kids night. Most of the food court establishments offer free meals or discounted meals for children as long as an adult meal is purchased. And, the big draw is that the carousel in the middle of the food court offers free, unlimited rides from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Typically, those rides cost $3 per child, per ride. Obviously, on Tuesday night, the line and the carousel are in constant motion.

I am loving this kids night thing. Tyler is always happy as long as he has his chocolate milk in hand, but the carousel really ups the ante. Lydie hasn't ridden the carousel yet because she is always hanging out with me eating mint oreo blizzards (the girl LOVES those things!). I'm happy because I don't have to cook (and I have an excuse to eat ice cream with Lydie), and Danny is happy because he gets to see the rest of us happy and because he has good reason to leave work on time on Tuesdays.

It's a win-win for everyone. Not to mention, there are no complaints at bedtime because all involved are adequately worn out!



I think it's especially funny that Danny comes off of the carousel with sweat on his brow, feeling like he's going to be sick. I'm just not sure when we became too old for the carousel...


Ty also likes to look at all the vehicles on display from the local dealerships.


This is what she does when she's ready for another bite of blizzard!





Full tummy and an ice cream mustache too!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Any reason NOT to cook sounds wonderful to me! Glad Florida is providing so many wonderful things for y'all.

Joy Peterson said...

I'm so with you! I love any and every reason not to cook! Sometimes I think we'll go into bankruptcy because we eat out so much. But we have definitely scaled back lately....