
Our new, one story house is a whole lot safer, logistically, than the four story townhome we moved from. However, after being here only two weeks, things still aren't quite 100% childproofed, although we've worked hard to minimize the possibility of dangers (excluding the lamp on the table that Lydie managed to pull on top of her face, which resulted in a bloody nose, but, whatever).
This morning, a danger was brought to my attention when I caught Tyler trying to plug a surge protector into an electrical outlet. I gave him a loud, stern reprimand and sent him to time out. About two minutes after that incident occurred, he managed to lock everyone, except for Miss Kitty, out of the master bedroom. With my attention turned to rescuing my cat (and, let's be honest, getting my hands on my make-up and toothbrush), I completely forgot that I needed to hide the surge protector and cover the outlets.
Fast forward to lunch. As usual, Tyler ate about two bites of his food, and everything Lydie put in her mouth she chewed up and spit out. Along with throwing her juice, fork, and plate on the floor during the 15 minutes she was in the highchair.
I just need to stop right there and let out a deep, exhausted sigh.
Anyhow, in the time it took me to collect their dishes, take them to the sink, drop their trash in the trashcan, and grab a pack of baby wipes, Tyler had rediscovered the surge protector and was showing his little sister how outlets work.
Oh, how nice of him.
I immediately issued another stern reprimand and sent Tyler to time out to which he promptly said, "You go to time out, too, Lydie!"
"That's right," I hollered. "You go, too, Lydie. Both of you against the wall, NOW!"
Inside, I was absolutely laughing myself to death. Danny put Lydie in time out the other day for the first time, and I couldn't emerge from the adjacent room because I had tears in my eyes and I thought my bladder was about to burst from laughing so hard. This time, however, both of them were in time out together for the very first time, and it was the cutest, funniest thing I've ever seen.
And, probably not the last time it will happen, either.
Man, I love those two hooligans!
Now, I'm off to cover outlets.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Trouble Times Two
Posted by The Watsons at 2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
CUTEST PICTURE EVER!!!
how do you get your's to look so happy? Addison cries and cries when we put her in timeout...Connor hasn't had to go in yet, but I feel an introduction coming on really soon.
Oh man! You are in trouble.
Post a Comment