Danny says we are living like we're on vacation. He's right, and I am loving it! Florida is definitely in the running for the best place we've lived award.
However, our late nights and fun adventures are keeping me from getting my blogs from my head to the computer. I suppose I am becoming a cluster blogger--you get the rundown once a week, and the rest of the time I'll be enjoying the sand and sun...
This week has been extra fun for Tyler. He has decided that he only wants to eat out at places that provide playgrounds. I guess I can't blame him. Our Tuesday nights at the mall have him a bit spoiled! So, this week, we've been scoping out the play areas nearby.
Kids' Night at the mall Tuesday (July 27th) proved to be every bit of fun as usual. We opted to forgo the kids meal deal at Chick-fil-A, and, instead, we went with the Japanese place. It wasn't as good as the Chinese place, but at least the kids had some veggies.
After we ate, Lydie rode the carousel for the first time! I really thought she was going to bail on me once I saw the expression on her face as that pig she was riding went up and down and around and around. Once she discovered that she could see Daddy and Ty on the sidelines every time we passed their way, she was pumped. She looked and looked for them and was all smiles by the time her turn was over.
Tyler, our old carousel pro, had a great time playing the VIP role this week. He waved and waved at the crowd like some sort of politician. Such a cutie!


We got an extra special treat this week when we bumped into Geoffrey the Giraffe outside of the Toys R Us Express store. Just couldn't resist a picture with the big guy.

On Wednesday night (July 28th), we had to go to Destin to pick up our packets for the "Race for the Panhandle" 5K that we'll be participating in tomorrow morning (as walkers....). The pick-up location was at the TGI Friday's, so we opted to do dinner there in an effort to save our brain cells from trying to decide on anything else.
True to his nature, Ty had been yelling about a playground the whole drive to Destin. After dinner, we obliged by taking him to Destin Commons, which is an outdoor mall/shopper's paradise that has a fantastic playground and splash pad right in the middle. It was awesome! I have a feeling we will spend a great deal of time there while we live in this area!





Beside the play area and splash pad, there is a little train that the kids can ride. Don't you think for a minute that my little man didn't have his eyes glued to that thing as soon as he saw it!! Danny said the guy driving the train (the conductor, I suppose, although he was, like, 10 years old) even let Ty ring the train bell. Ty thought that was big stuff!

After playing and riding trains and buying Ty his first pair of Crocs, we were pooped and it was past bedtime. The ride back home included a quick stop at Shake's where Ty ordered his very own chocolate ice cream in a cup. I'll save you the details on how his clothes looked when we got home, but, suffice it to say, the stain removing folks at Shout ought to make me their spokesperson.
Thursday (July 29th) included a Wal-Mart trip, lunch with Daddy, and early bedtimes.
Today (July 30th), I took Lydie for her speech therapy evaluation this morning. So far, that's the most exciting thing that's happened.
I'm okay with Fridays like that!

1 comments:
You guys are keeping busy!!
Post a Comment