Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sweet and Sour

There are lots of sweet things happening around here.

But, there are some not-so-sweet, actually, rather sour, things happening, as well.

See for yourself.

SWEET: I'm so thankful that she has a daddy's chest on which to rest. Nothing more important in a little girl's life...




ALMOST SWEET: Ty regularly welcomes Lydie to play with him in his crib. Until Mommy brings in the camera. Then, things turn a little sour.


See what I mean? He's screaming (that's not an exaggeration), "Cheese! Cheese!" which I interpreted to mean, "Give me that camera so I can push all the buttons and cause irreversible damage."



PREVIOUSLY SWEET: I tried to get a picture of Ty "talking" on his phone tonight because I knew Nana would appreciate it. He was just adorable sitting there, all by himself, pushing the buttons and chatting away. Until Danny pointed the camera in his direction. Again, sourness erupted.




I certainly wish there were more sweet going on around here. As I type, Tyler is in his crib screaming for no apparent reason.

I might go postal.

______________________

In moving news, we only have nine more days in our house (read: 9 more days to get a year's worth of stuff done). Our cars will head to Virginia next week. And, on July 26th, we're moving to TLF (temporary lodging on base) for five days while the movers pack up our household. I'm already stressing about having two kids in two pack-n-plays within feet of each other in a small room. Makes me nervous. On August 1st, we'll fly to Virginia with two kids, two pack-n-plays, two car seats, and several bags. We will attempt to reclaim our cars and move into our new house, which we have never seen. When we get there, we'll sleep on the floor (or in pack-n-plays) until the moving truck brings our stuff.

Sounds like a blast, doesn't it??

Like I said, I might go postal.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Moving is fun, but it is some work too. It builds character. If you look at it as an adventure, your kids will too.

Can't wait to see pics of the new place.

Katie B said...

girl...will be praying for you. I know it is stressful,etc. in the middle of it, but when you look back on this time say in 20 years, it will be a drop in the bucket! :)