Monday, July 27, 2009

Sprinkler....um....Fun?

In some brief moment of insanity, I decided to allow my son to run, half naked, through the sprinkler before his bath tonight.

Dreadful decision.

It was a blast watching him laugh and hop and squeal all through the yard yelling, "Wa-er, Wa-er!" It was one of those moments you wanted to freeze-frame in your mind. I was applauding my spontaneity and fun-loving mommyness.

Until it was time to go inside.

It was then that I realized my child was more than a little bit covered in the grass clippings left by the recent lawn mowing his daddy had completed, and, even worse, I realized that a swimming diaper can only do so much.

Particularly when a bowel movement is involved.

Let's just say it took two adults and a whole lot of bath water to clean up the liquefied mess. Repulsive, to say the least.

Now, my fond frolicking-in-the-sprinkler memories are tainted with a foul odor.

As is my shirt.




2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

That is when you cut the diaper off and hose him off. Bring a little bit of soap outside for his bottom and you can check bath off your list. Easy-peasy!

Joy Peterson said...

I'm with J--the bath would have occurred outside...that would have been a very nice gift to leave your way-too-demanding landlords!

I know, that was mean.