Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009:
I could hardly believe I was walking into the doctor's office for my first baby's 18 month well-baby check-up with my second baby in tow--my second baby who needed her two month well-baby check-up and her very first shots.
I am still pinching myself over this having two kids thing. Especially because I am still in awe of how quickly Tyler is growing and changing, and now there's another little sweetheart to adore and watch grow. So amazing.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after Tyler had gone to bed that I hadn't snapped a picture of him on check-up day. Terrible mother, I know. But, since he's the oldest, we'll give you his stats first.
Height: 33.25 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 28 lbs., 5 oz. (75th percentile)
Head: 49.5 cm
He is a healthy, happy little guy! The best thing I took away from the appointment in regard to my "nearing the terrible two's" child is what Dr. J said about discipline and behavior struggles at this age. She said, "Your job is to civilize him." I've been repeating that in my head ever since (and chuckling at the image of a little baby caveman that it always conjures up!).
Tyler is still such a sweet little boy. He loves to blow kisses when someone leaves and before he goes to bed at night, and he has learned to pucker his little lips and waddle up to us for surprise kisses throughout the day. I wouldn't trade those wet little lips on my face for a million bucks! He is learning all sorts of things at such a rapid pace. We've been working on shapes, colors, and counting to three. So far, he can identify the shape of a star and the color yellow and can say the number two. One day we'll get the rest.
He talks up a storm these days. There are lots of individual words that he uses to communicate, but there are times when he'll come up to you and carry on a fantastic conversation complete with shoulder shrugs and hand gestures and facial expressions that could win awards. But, you have no idea what he's saying! Bless his heart; he gets the dramatics honestly.
Here are some of the words we've documented that he says at 18 months:
ball, beep-beep, bubble, zoom, baby, choo-choo, bye-bye, Daddy, hi, uh-oh, eat-eat, shake-shake, pop, whoa, quack-quack, woof-woof, roar, cookie, mama, amen, stop, flower, apple, vroom, zip, water, Mommy, pretty, door, knock-knock, cheese, eye, bump, room, Ty, Kai, hello, stop, please, jeep, no-no, ketchup, Bible, cracker, yellow, cook, Lydie, toe, truck, Elmo, juice, chip, George, home, rice, diaper, house, tree, purple, zebra, show, bath, kitty, turtle...
This is certainly not an exhaustive list, but it's pretty close. By far, his favorite word is "uh-oh." I declare he says that a thousand times a day! He also does a pretty awesome Cookie Monster impression and can totally break it down to any and all music he hears. I laugh until my eyes are pouring tears when he and his daddy start dancing. Let's just say, I pray the boy eventually inherits my rhythm!
As for Lydia Rose, it was shocking to realize that it was already time for her two month visit. My second pregnancy flew by and now my second baby is growing up entirely too fast! I am anxious for her to become more and more interactive, but I am also seasoned enough to know that with that interaction comes more challenges. So, I am appreciating this sitting still phase for all it's worth!! Lydie's two month stats were:
Height: 22.25 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 11 lbs., 5 oz. (75th percentile)
Head: 38.5 cm
I am so thankful that she is doing so well! She is eating 4-5 ounces every three or so hours now, and she sleeps like a champ! Typically, she'll sleep for about three hours during the afternoon with other sporadic, short naps during the day. At night, she goes to bed somewhere between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and sleeps until 6 or 7 a.m. I am totally okay with that and thank God for His grace in giving me two great sleepers. I don't take a second of shut-eye for granted!
Lydie is also developing a really neat personality. She smiles so readily (although not so much for the camera), and she just coos and gurgles at us all the time. I love how she lights up when she hears our voices and how her little eyes follow her big brother wherever he goes. She's the prettiest thing I think I've ever seen. I just can't believe she's mine.
Insert fun Tyler fact here: :)
Get this--at his two month appointment, Tyler was 24.5 inches, weighed 13 lbs., 4 oz., and had a head circumference of 48 cm!! That means he was about two inches and two pounds bigger than Lydie is right now, and his head was about ten centimeters larger!! I think it's funny that now, at 18 months, his head is only 1.5 cm larger than when he was two months old!!
He can't help it. That's a genius brain he's trying to contain.
We continue to be so thankful for and so blessed by Tyler and Lydia. The Lord has been so good to our family, and we hope we can always honor Him in how we live the lives He's given us.
I could hardly believe I was walking into the doctor's office for my first baby's 18 month well-baby check-up with my second baby in tow--my second baby who needed her two month well-baby check-up and her very first shots.
I am still pinching myself over this having two kids thing. Especially because I am still in awe of how quickly Tyler is growing and changing, and now there's another little sweetheart to adore and watch grow. So amazing.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after Tyler had gone to bed that I hadn't snapped a picture of him on check-up day. Terrible mother, I know. But, since he's the oldest, we'll give you his stats first.
Height: 33.25 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 28 lbs., 5 oz. (75th percentile)
Head: 49.5 cm
He is a healthy, happy little guy! The best thing I took away from the appointment in regard to my "nearing the terrible two's" child is what Dr. J said about discipline and behavior struggles at this age. She said, "Your job is to civilize him." I've been repeating that in my head ever since (and chuckling at the image of a little baby caveman that it always conjures up!).
Tyler is still such a sweet little boy. He loves to blow kisses when someone leaves and before he goes to bed at night, and he has learned to pucker his little lips and waddle up to us for surprise kisses throughout the day. I wouldn't trade those wet little lips on my face for a million bucks! He is learning all sorts of things at such a rapid pace. We've been working on shapes, colors, and counting to three. So far, he can identify the shape of a star and the color yellow and can say the number two. One day we'll get the rest.
He talks up a storm these days. There are lots of individual words that he uses to communicate, but there are times when he'll come up to you and carry on a fantastic conversation complete with shoulder shrugs and hand gestures and facial expressions that could win awards. But, you have no idea what he's saying! Bless his heart; he gets the dramatics honestly.
Here are some of the words we've documented that he says at 18 months:
ball, beep-beep, bubble, zoom, baby, choo-choo, bye-bye, Daddy, hi, uh-oh, eat-eat, shake-shake, pop, whoa, quack-quack, woof-woof, roar, cookie, mama, amen, stop, flower, apple, vroom, zip, water, Mommy, pretty, door, knock-knock, cheese, eye, bump, room, Ty, Kai, hello, stop, please, jeep, no-no, ketchup, Bible, cracker, yellow, cook, Lydie, toe, truck, Elmo, juice, chip, George, home, rice, diaper, house, tree, purple, zebra, show, bath, kitty, turtle...
This is certainly not an exhaustive list, but it's pretty close. By far, his favorite word is "uh-oh." I declare he says that a thousand times a day! He also does a pretty awesome Cookie Monster impression and can totally break it down to any and all music he hears. I laugh until my eyes are pouring tears when he and his daddy start dancing. Let's just say, I pray the boy eventually inherits my rhythm!
As for Lydia Rose, it was shocking to realize that it was already time for her two month visit. My second pregnancy flew by and now my second baby is growing up entirely too fast! I am anxious for her to become more and more interactive, but I am also seasoned enough to know that with that interaction comes more challenges. So, I am appreciating this sitting still phase for all it's worth!! Lydie's two month stats were:
Height: 22.25 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 11 lbs., 5 oz. (75th percentile)
Head: 38.5 cm
I am so thankful that she is doing so well! She is eating 4-5 ounces every three or so hours now, and she sleeps like a champ! Typically, she'll sleep for about three hours during the afternoon with other sporadic, short naps during the day. At night, she goes to bed somewhere between 9:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and sleeps until 6 or 7 a.m. I am totally okay with that and thank God for His grace in giving me two great sleepers. I don't take a second of shut-eye for granted!
Lydie is also developing a really neat personality. She smiles so readily (although not so much for the camera), and she just coos and gurgles at us all the time. I love how she lights up when she hears our voices and how her little eyes follow her big brother wherever he goes. She's the prettiest thing I think I've ever seen. I just can't believe she's mine.
Insert fun Tyler fact here: :)
Get this--at his two month appointment, Tyler was 24.5 inches, weighed 13 lbs., 4 oz., and had a head circumference of 48 cm!! That means he was about two inches and two pounds bigger than Lydie is right now, and his head was about ten centimeters larger!! I think it's funny that now, at 18 months, his head is only 1.5 cm larger than when he was two months old!!
He can't help it. That's a genius brain he's trying to contain.
We continue to be so thankful for and so blessed by Tyler and Lydia. The Lord has been so good to our family, and we hope we can always honor Him in how we live the lives He's given us.

1 comments:
Her hair is absolutely adorable. Lydie is a pretty, pretty little girl.
Post a Comment