Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Keep Swimming!

My favorite part of the movie Finding Nemo is when Dori (sp?) says in a sing-songy voice, "Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!" I feel like it's my life motto on so many levels.

I also feel like those words were what I interpreted from Tyler's screams yesterday evening when it was time to leave the swimming pool. Only, his screams weren't so sing-songy.

Really, I can't blame him. It was his first time ever being in a "real" swimming pool, and once that gift of fun is unwrapped, it's hard to stifle the overwhelming joy that comes along with it.

The sweet baby started yelling, "Water, Water!" as soon as we approached the pool gate, and he didn't slow down or stop splashing the whole time. He's a natural little fish. It is clear that swim lessons will be in our near future.

Unless that screaming-when-we-leave thing keeps up. That, I can't handle.

Thanks to the Savages for inviting us to play in their neighborhood pool. We hope we can make it back soon!








3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

I agree that those words can be used for lots of reasons when you are the mom of two babies.

Cute, cute pictures. Glad y'all are doing so many fun things before you leave Texas!

ewhill said...

Danny looks like he is having so much fun playing with Tyler in the pool. Yes, Tyler needs swimming lessons!
Wish we had some video of Tyler in action.
Can't wait to see ya'll soon!

Love,
Mom

Joy Peterson said...

precious!