I'm sorry that we've been decidedly absent from blogging this week. That's just a testament to how crazy things have been. So, here's a recap, just so you'll know what we've been up to.
Monday: Tyler went to school and almost cried when I left. If he hadn't pulled it together, I would have been crying, too. That's the first time he's been sad for me to leave, but I think it's because I had been in there a little while talking with his teachers--I think he forgot that I'd eventually leave. Bless his heart. I'm super-blessed that he loves me like he does.
After I left Tyler, I went to see Gretchen and Baby Noelle in the hospital. I spent some time being lost in the Medical Center area before I ever found the hospital and then spent some time looking really lost on my way to the post-partum rooms. I made it. That's what counts.
As I was leaving the hospital, Danny called to inform me that he wanted to try a Mexican restaurant he'd never been to for lunch and gave me instructions on meeting him there. I'd been there before, so I knew I was about to have a yummy meal. For the first time in the history of our relationship, I think he wished he had ordered what I ordered. That never happens.
I had time for a quick stop at the Super Target because yogurt smoothies are a necessity in our house these days. When I get down to about six bottles left, I know it's time to get some more...pronto. Super Target rocks for a variety of reasons, one of which is that they carry YoBaby Smoothies in 6 ounce bottles. The other brands of baby smoothies are 3.1 ounces per bottle, so Ty requires two of those at a time. He's high maintenance in some regards!
I picked up Ty, we headed home for naptime, ate supper, and he went to bed. I, on the other hand, went to meet my Bachelor Party girls to watch the finale of the ridiculous show. I can't even talk about it. I'm still so mad. Sarah did provide a delicious slice of chocolate cake and a glass of milk for everyone, so that made the viewing of such insanity a little easier to swallow.
When I returned home, totally bummed and pretty angry with reality t.v. in general, I found my sweet husband standing next to a completely put together baby crib!! I couldn't believe how quickly he got it together, although he said it was the worst furniture project ever! We'll post pictures once Lydie's nook is a little more organized. But, it's well on its way!
Tuesday: Tuesdays are Little Gym days. Normally, when 1604 is running smoothly, we are on time for our 9:30 a.m. class. This week, however, 1604 was backed up for miles and so was the access road. Therefore, our 45 minute class turned into a 30 minute class. Whatever. We still had fun, and Tyler did a backwards roll. Very cute.
After The Little Gym, Tyler and I have a standing date with his friend Kai and Kai's mom, Jamala. This week, they were all kind enough to accompany me to Babies R Us to put together a baby registry. I am blessed to have two baby showers coming up, as well as many relatives from out of town who are interested in buying gifts for Baby Lydie. So, I put a little something together for everyone who is interested to check out.
Once the boys began protesting my scanning party, we took them to eat lunch at Hearthstone. Nobody makes a better salad or sandwich, my friends. If you're ever in the area, I recommend that you stop by.
Busy mornings make for fabulous afternoon naps. Tyler slept. I did some work and then slept for about 45 minutes. We got up, ate dinner, Ty went to bed, and I camped on the couch to watch the very last hour of The Bachelor nonsense. I was really glad to have another piece of cake and glass of milk for that show.
Wednesday: Tyler went to school where it was reported that he spent the whole day tickling all his friends. What a silly boy! Apparently, he had the most fun tickling the feet of one of his friends who was strapped in the highchair eating lunch...the other boy thought it was hilarious, so they made a game of it for a while. Wish I could have seen that...
After I dropped Ty at school, I went to my OB appointment where I was scheduled to take my one hour glucose test. I fasted as directed, drank my flat orange soda, and waited an hour. I had absolutely no worries about this test because I passed it when I was pregnant with Tyler so I figured I had some sort of immunity. Wrong. I failed the one hour test and have to take the three hour test on March 18th. I don't think you can possibly understand my disgust with this prospect. However, I choose to blame Sarah's chocolate cake for my failure, and I fully intend to pass the three hour test with flying colors.
Luckily, things got better after my appointment because I was able to get a long overdue haircut. Praise the Lord!
Feeling fat and unhealthy (but with smashingly gorgeous hair), Danny and I met for lunch at Subway. Surely it was a better choice than the chocolate cake.
I picked up Ty, and the rest of the day rolled on like always. Except that we had salad and chicken soup for dinner. A diet has begun, my friends.
Thursday: My day started at 6:15 a.m. with a very brisk walk before Danny went to work. It's amazing to watch my neighborhood come to life around 7 a.m. It's like the whole place gets a heartbeat that it didn't have just minutes earlier. Very interesting.
Our goals for the day included returning a blanket to Gretchen (Noelle had a little accident on it in the hospital, so I took it home to clean it for her so it wouldn't stain) and going grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. I got the blanket to Gretchen around 5:30 p.m. and it was 8:30 p.m. before I made it to Wal-Mart.
Instead of doing the only two tasks on our list, we were doing this:

Step 4: Wad torn sales papers into a ball and begin walking towards the trash can.
Step 5: Throw sales paper wad into the trash can where it will certainly take up space in a landfill long after your lifetime is over.
Step 6: Be very proud of your new accomplishment.Step 7: Repeat steps 1-6 until Mommy nearly goes insane looking at the black ink all over your fingers, face, and the kitchen floor. Then, pretend you're tired so she'll leave you alone for a while.
These are the daffodils that our friend, Yavontka, brought Tyler when he was born. Look, they're blooming like crazy again!!
Gotta love this sweet picture.Friday: We started the day with a small playdate that just consisted of us and Kaitlyn and Kaitlyn's mom, Krista. It's always fun to spend time with other moms and toddlers, but I especially enjoy my Friday playdate gals. We've had several out of town this week and, of course, one had a new baby, so we were a slim crowd. Still a lot of fun.
Tyler ate about three breakfasts plus lunch before he went down for his nap. I prefer that he go to sleep around 1 or 1:30 p.m., but today he was rubbing his eyes and yawning at 12:30 p.m., so I obliged. Silly me. At 3:15 p.m., or thereabout, he finally closed his eyes. Stinker. And, he was up, ready to go, at 5 p.m.
I started dinner only to realize that I was missing a key ingredient, so we changed gears and made homemade pizza. It is most certainly better for us than an actual delivery pizza, and I swear it tasted a million times better than Papa John's or Domino's or Pizza Hut could ever deliver to my door. Along with it, we enjoyed big salads with balsamic vinaigrette. See, I told you I was on a mission to pass that three hour test!
Ty is now resting peacefully at the end of a busy, busy week. We are planning to go to the park in the morning to burn off some energy and play with Daddy. Sunday will be church-filled, as usual, just the way I like it.
Then, we'll start all over.

0 comments:
Post a Comment