Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we are headed out for a little road trip. I have been wanting a vacation for a long, long time, but we don't have the time, energy, money, or babysitters for a "real" vacation. So, a visit to Cajun Country will have to suffice.
And, I must say, there's no better place I can think of to spend a long weekend.
I can already hear the crawfish and sweet tea calling my name.
Not to mention, I can hardly wait to see some of the most amazing people in the whole wide world. We already have dinner plans with Sarah and Hannah on Thursday night, a school visit on Friday to PHS (where I did my student teaching and first semester of "real" teaching) to see Mrs. Hardaway, another school visit to GMS (where I taught 7th grade and learned to fall in love with the middle school age group) to see all of my faves, dinner Friday night with Valerie and Jeremie, a visit with our former neighbors, Mrs. Norma and Mr. Gordon, on Saturday morning, and dinner Saturday evening with one of the guys Danny worked with while stationed there.
I am certain that I will cry all the way to the Texas state line on Sunday when it's time to leave. I SO love Louisiana.
But, we won't worry about leaving just yet because we first have to get there with a 14 month old in tow. It's a seven hour drive, so this will be a good test to see what we can expect when it's time to move in a few months.
Needless to say, Time Out with the Watsons, will not have any new posts until early next week. Check back then for an update on all the excitement.
Oh, and if you would, please send up a few prayers for traveling mercies and a cooperative, patient, baby boy. Thanks!!
_______________
Today, we got to go to the Little Gym for a make-up class and see some of our old friends from when the kiddos were Bugs (they're now Birds, you see). Then, we had lunch with Kai and his mom, Jamala, and Meagan and her mom, Linda. We haven't seen Meagan since Ty's birthday party, and she is quite a sight these days...growing up SO quickly!!
Miss Meagan
This was the best shot I got of all the babies...
These two guys are supposed to be sans pacifiers outside of naptime and bedtime (and they both are most of the time). However, their mommies agree that if it means finishing a meal in peace, then the pacis can be brought out. And who wants to leave any Mexican food uneaten and unenjoyed?? :)
3 comments:
I can't wait to hear all about your trip...and I had to chuckle when I read about your loving Louisiana so much--I vivedly remember the day you called to tell me you were moving to Cajun Country and how you'd hate it there and how you'd never love any place like you loved New Mexico....God certainly puts you in the right place and ensures that you enjoy every minute of it.
Be safe on the road! And eat lots of that Cajun food for me!
You're going to need a vacation from your vacation - y'all are going to be BUSY!
Can't wait to hear stories and see pics. I hear you on the paci thing - I've recently joined the WHATEVER IT TAKES CLUB.
Tomorrow is Wednesday. I say this only to gently remind you that we are all (okay, maybe just me) waiting for an update...
Post a Comment