It may be the season for all things basketball (what with March Madness taking over the television), but, around here, it's also Baby Shower Season.
I've mentioned before that we have six women in our Sunday School class who are all pregnant and expecting babies in each of the next six months. Gretchen was first and already had Noelle on March 1st. Cynthia is due in April; I'm due in May; Shelli is due in June; Crystal is due in July (that will be her 5th baby...God love her); and Krista is due in August. Whew! Don't drink the water at First Baptist Church Universal City!!
Anyway, with all these babies come lots of baby showers. Heather and I hosted a shower for Gretchen in February, and yesterday we hosted one for Cynthia. We had a great time! Once I cleared my living area of all things resembling toys, we had plenty of room for the 10 or 12 people who came. It was absolutely amazing to see how my house used to look. Very adult. Not very fun. I think the toys liven things up quite a bit.
Cynthia received lots of great gifts, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. The next shower will be in April....for me...that means Lydia Rose will be here soon!
Food table
DELICIOUS cake...courtesy of Crystal--she is the same gal who made Ty's birthday cake and cupcakes. I don't know how that girl does it, but I could gain 500 pounds on her frosting alone. It is worthy of winning major prizes.







5 comments:
I was thinking about how cute that shirt is...I wouldn't call it a disaster at all!!!
You look great and Ty looks so handsome!
Love that picture of Ty looking up at you. He is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see Miss Lydie!
Jennifer, The last picture of you and Tyler is super. Even the maternity top looks nice. Please make me a copy of the picture for my album. You are both so precious to me in it. It reminds me of a picture that my mother had of the two of us when I was very young. I think Tyler will treasure this picture when he grows older. The only thing that would make it better is for Danny to be in the picture with both of you. I love you all. I get more and more excited thinking about Janet coming to be with you because it means that Lydia's arrival is even closer. Papa Joe
you look radiant! you are glowing and I know you cannot wait for the next several weeks to pass so you can meet your little girl. This is the best time in your life...enjoy these days girl! love ya, kyle
Can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! God bless you sister...can't imaging chasing around my little man with another one in the oven! :)
Post a Comment