Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend of the Big 3-0!

I certainly feel older than 21. In fact, I most definitely feel older than 25. But, I really don't feel 30. I don't consider myself a 30-something...yet. I actually feel more along the lines of about...27. Yep, 27 is good.

Alas, the age I feel and the actual number on the life dial don't exactly match up. I'm 30 now. Plain and simple.

My thirtieth birthday weekend was wonderful, thanks to my fantastic husband and lots of super-amazing friends. It was busy from start to finish, and now I'm ready for some downtime.

On Saturday, I scheduled Tyler to have his 12 month pictures done, but he woke up with some sort of break out on his cheeks and chin. When it didn't disappear within an hour, I cancelled our appointment and went to Plan B.

Plan B included lunch at Applebee's (I can't get enough of that Chicken Fajita Roll-Up...it's all I've ordered there for years) and a trip to the Super Target. Beautiful.

Before we headed out, Danny commented on how my baby belly had shown up this past week, so we decided it was time to document my progress:


Lydia is definitely in there!
21 weeks, 3 days

On Sunday (my actual birthday), we had our normal church activities and then we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Texas Roadhouse. I treated myself to some ice cream from Cold Stone on the way home...yummy!

The busy morning and early afternoon, coupled with a full tummy, left me wiped out, so I tried to catch a quick nap before the evening festivities began. It was not the most restful nap I've ever had, as the interruptions were more frequent than I preferred, but it was okay.

Around 5:30 p.m., my sweet friend, Sarah, picked me up so we could meet our other friends, Celeste and Jodi, to go out for dinner on the Riverwalk. Girls night out!! We had a great time.

We ate dinner at Landry's, overlooking the river, and we enjoyed lots of great conversation and some delicious food!

We joked that this looked like a prom picture...just us at Landry's for my b-day!
While we were at dinner, the girls asked me if I'd ever been to Howl at the Moon. I had never even heard of it, so they set out to change that. Sarah said I couldn't leave San Antonio without checking the place out. So, after we all made quick phone calls home to check on our babies, we made our way upstairs so I could see what it was all about.


Turns out, the place is a dueling piano bar. I don't care for the bar scene part of it, but the music was great! I couldn't believe how many songs those guys knew and could just play and sing on a whim. It was a blast to listen to them.
It was also a great place for people-watching (thanks to drunk folks everywhere), and since we were all stone sober, we got to make fun of people like this guy:



Looks just like a Florida Gators fan, doesn't he??



(L-R) Jodi, Sarah, Celeste

(L-R) Celeste, Me, Jodi


On Monday, I woke up to conduct my usual routine, but Danny had made cupcakes for me the night before. This meant that any semblance of a healthy breakfast was quickly traded for two cupcakes and a cold glass of milk.

Danny and Ty singing "Happy Birthday, Mommy"


Keepin' it real photo: I look terrible in the mornings. And, I keep forgetting to take down the stocking sign in the background, so it's like perpetual Christmas in my house.



After my oh-so-healthy breakfast, we got ourselves ready and headed to my birthday lunch that Danny was so sweet to plan for me. We went to Garcia's, my favorite Mexican restaurant, and enjoyed lots of yummy food and about twenty-ish dear friends.
Tyler at Mommy's party


Sarah and Lindsey


Ty, Me, Sarah, Lindsey


Gretchen and Me


Poor Megan couldn't keep herself awake any longer! I wish my child would just fall asleep anywhere like that!


Cynthia, Anthony, Me


Brian, Me, Natalie (turned 4 that very day!), Gretchen


Jason, Micah, Me, Heather

Me, Linda, Paul, and a sleepy Megan


Ms. Bobbi, Me, Mr. Fred


Me and Jamala

Paul and Me


Lindsey, Sarah, Me, Jesse
I topped off my birthday weekend on Monday night with our girls' group for our Bachelor party. We get together every Monday night to watch the show and stuff our faces. It's female bonding at its best!
Like I said, I don't really feel like I fit in with the thirty-somethings just yet, but if 30 is going to be this good, keep it coming!!



4 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

Looks like you had a fabulous birthday weekend!!!

And I love the pregnant belly picture..it's about time!!!!

SarahM said...

I think the party guys look like LSU fans.....if you want to know the truth......

Glad you had a wonderful birthday. I'll have your things when I visit again. And remember, growing older is required....growing up is optional! Love you!!

Julie, the mama said...

Jennifer, you are CLEARLY GLOWING. If I looked like you pregnant, I would have 10 kids. There is NO way you can look at these pictures and not see how awesome you look. You are finally getting a belly, but that is it. Your face is skinny-minny.

I had to chuckle about Tyler waking us with a crazy rash on picture day. Is that not so typical of kids??

Glad you had such a great birthday.

Heather said...

Jenn- You look absolutely beautiful in your belly picture. I am glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend!!! Love you