This picture was taken on Tuesday when we visited the Alamo. Tyler was excited about the adventure and proceeded to kick up his heels!!
Today was Tyler's 12 month well baby appointment. I was nervous before we even headed out the door because I knew these shots might be worse than the others, especially since sweet Tyler seems so much more aware of everything that is happening around him. I hated to be the one to hold him down because I didn't want him to think that I was the one hurting him. Yes, it was a rough experience, but we all survived and lived to smile about it.
We have a healthy, growing little boy, and he seems to be right on track. Here are his stats:
Weight: 23 pounds, 13 ounces, 67th percentile
Height: 29.5 inches, 43rd percentile
Head: 48 cm
The doctor said not to worry a whole lot about the milk drinking issue. He felt like Tyler would start drinking it more as he becomes more accustomed to the flavor (or lack thereof). He assured us that an adequate supply of dairy products, along with a daily multivitamin, would be just fine.
After the three shots in the thighs and the blood drawn from his little arm, Ty came home and took about a three hour nap. While he was eating his late lunch, I was able to catch a peek at his top gums. The four front teeth are clearly outlined and bright white just under the surface!! Looks like we might get some more teeth in before long.
We had a beautiful day here in San Antonio with a high of about 82 degrees and a breeze that kept the temperature feeling more like the mid-70s. So, after his lunch, Ty and I decided to take Mr. Beep Beep for a walk. Mr. Beep Beep hasn't hit the pavement since the beginning of November, and, since then, either Mr. Beep Beep got smaller in the garage or some little boy got bigger--we had to loosen the belt! Once he was buckled in and ready to go, we enjoyed a lovely afternoon stroll. I'm glad we took advantage of it because it's looking like this next week is going to be on the chilly side (you know, chilly in terms of Texas weather).
Hope you all are blessed today! Ms. Bobbi is making pancakes and sausage for us tonight...my mouth is already watering!!


3 comments:
He looks like a toddler in the picture with Danny!!!!
So glad everything checked out a-okay with Tyler....I still can't believe that he is a year old already!
I agree with Joy...Tyler looks like such a big boy in that picture with Danny. You still look awesome.
Yep, you still look great! This gives me hope for my weight gain with baby #2. And yes, Tt does look like a big boy in these pics. In fact, he looks as big, if not bigger, than Danny in that last picture.
You are so lucky that your sweet husband can join you on dr visits. Entertaining these little ones while waiting on the dr is hard work;)
Post a Comment