We had our first trip to the E.R. last night. Quite eventful, let me tell you.
Tyler had been sick for about 48 hours as of last night. I knew it seemed worse than other colds he's had, but I thought we were okay to continue treating him with what we were doing at home. Once we realized that feeding him and offering him liquids were becoming huge chores, I thought I might ought to call the nurse line for further advice.
After speaking with the nurse for a little under ten minutes, she told me that he needed to be seen in the E.R. as soon as possible. Of course, that sent me into a total panic, and we set about trying to pack a bag, get everyone dressed and ready to leave the house (this was at 9 p.m.), and hit the road.
I won't bore you with the cumbersome details of our stay in the E.R. Suffice it to say, we were there at 9:30 p.m. and Ty wasn't seen by the doctor until 1:30 a.m. I think the only reason they took him back at that point was because I told them we were about to leave. The poor child was exhausted but refused to close his eyes the whole time. It was not good.
At 2:30 a.m., we were sent home with a pneumonia diagnosis, amoxicillin, an inhaler, and two jumbo bottles of children's Tylenol and children's Motrin (I decided those were like door prizes for having to wait so dang long). Tyler was asleep about the time his seatbelt was fastened, which was perfect for allowing Danny and I a very late/early McDonald's run; we were absolutely starving since our sandwiches from dinner had long been digested.
So, we are in recovery mode and will be hunkered down at home this week while the little guy gets to feeling better. I sure hope that happens soon because it's really hard to see him so uncomfortable.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
First Episode of E.R.
Posted by The Watsons at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't think Miss Kitty wanted to go to the E.R., but she was ready for a stroll somewhere!
8 comments:
Visits to the ER are so not fun!!! Poor Tyler (and poor you guys!)... I was asleep when your original text came through...JP woke me up to tell me what's going on and for some reason my mind thought pneumonia.
I hope that he gets better soon...and I have a feeling those "door prizes" will show up on your ER bill....
Addie said she hopes Tyder feels better soon!
Le me know how he is doing.
You did the right thing calling the nurse. I hope he is feeling better soon!
Love,
Mom
Oh, sweet Joy...you forget that I put up with military medicine for free. The least they can do is send me home with some tylenol and motrin for the hell we typically go through!
Now you can add the ER badge to the others. I think it is kind of a rite of passage for parents. Hopefully you won't ever have to go again!
Even sick, Tyler is so stinkin' cute. I just want to squeeze his chunky legs.
poor guy!! hope he gets better soon (for all of you!)
Oh my goodness! Poor guy. Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery and some much needed sleep for your family. keep us posted on how y'all are doing.
One of the worst things about sick little ones is the little sick eyes.....Poor Baby!
Hi Jennifer...I am so sorry that you had to go to the ER. We have been several times ~ infact we went about three weeks ago b/c Morgan fell and cut her chin! :) I really enjoyed catching up with you and your beautiful family...can't wait to continue reading :).
Stacy
Post a Comment