They say that laughter is the best medicine, but I couldn't find the right dosage at 4:30 a.m. when Tyler decided to start his day.
We went 'round and 'round from 4:30 a.m. until 6:30 a.m. when it was time for me to get up. I never figured out what his deal was, but a little bit of Tylenol had him back asleep by 7 a.m. Of course, I was already in the shower by that time and there was no turning back to the comfort of my cozy bed. Always happens that way, doesn't it??
All I can figure about the early morning fiasco is that he might be having some teething issues and/or this might be related to his newfound walking talent (I have heard that new walkers often experience some sleep disturbances...guess that means the mamas get disturbed, too).
On a normal day, Tyler is not allowed out of his crib before 8 a.m. Period. But, when this odd behavior starts up, I always check on him in case he's sick or feverish or something. He's even been found with a leg stuck between the crib rails, so I never totally ignore a nighttime cry. Typically, he stays asleep or is back asleep within minutes when I check on him. Last night/this morning, however, it was like a circus in that room. No rest for the weary (well, no rest for Ty by choice or for me because of the ruckus I couldn't ignore; Danny Watson slept like an angel the whole night).
All of this being said, Mr. Fred found the following comic in today's paper. It made me chuckle. Hope you like it, too!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
A Little Laughter
Posted by The Watsons at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How true that comic strip is...Oh, I can't wait for the day!!!! Well, I can wait...but you know what I mean!
We enjoyed the new postings and especially the pictures. Welcome to the 30's club, Jennifer. Lydia seems to be growing well and you look so beautiful and happy in the picture with her. We caught up with our reading tonight. We were so glad that Bobbi and Fred came , and we know you will miss them. Do have a better day tomorrow. Thank you for being such good parents. Janet and Joe
LOVE the cartoon --- so very true!!
Post a Comment