Monday, May 10, 2010

The National Zoo

Danny, Jamala, and I spent Saturday, May 1st corralling a couple of two year old boys as they did all they could to cause chaos on the grounds of The National Zoo. Even after my son was the ringleader of tantrums for the day, I consider anyone with twin boys absolutely blessed. Kai and Ty may not be related by blood, but those two are as much brothers as I've ever seen. And, they are a blast to hang out with!

Our trip marked the first time Lydie has ever visited a zoo, and, as expected, she wasn't totally impressed. Her view from the stroller was somewhat limited, and most of the animals didn't move quickly enough to catch her eye. Mostly she just looked cute and people-watched. She gets the people-watching gene honestly, no doubt.

After lots of sun and animal crackers, we headed back home for long naps. I believe that those zoo participants with double-digit ages needed the rest more than the others, but I'm not going to point out anyone in particular.













This boy was more excited about the backhoe loader than any animal the zoo had to offer!!














2 comments:

Jamala said...

What fun we had...we miss you guys so much!!

Julie, the mama said...

Cute, cute pictures.

You know I love me a good zoo. Glad y'all are getting to take advantage of fun stuff in DC before you leave. Can you believe it is almost time to move??? Again!