This time last year I was ready to swear off pregnancy forever. I was fat, swollen, sweaty, and exhausted, and that was on a decent day.
I'm still fat and exhausted, but I am beginning to believe that may never change.
Now, a full year later, that little bundle that was once bouncing around in my belly is now scooting all over my house on her little booty, trying to pull up to a stand at her brother's train table, and squealing with pure glee at the sight of Miss Kitty.
She's a mess, and she's given us a run for our money this year, but we wouldn't trade her for anything (although her daddy still threatens to send her to a home for children who don't know how to eat!).
So, the countdown has officially begun. On Thursday, Lydie will be a year old, and on Saturday, we'll celebrate her first twelve months with a special party. Final preparations are in full swing around here; it's times like this I wish I weren't such a perfectionist. I'm about to drive myself crazy and I wouldn't dare speculate what the folks around me might be thinking. They're probably counting down to Lydie's birthday for completely different reasons!
Lydie began reaping the benefits of having a birthday over the weekend when she received a card from my grandparents (her great-grandparents). The money tucked inside, along with a Toys R Us ad that couldn't have been more perfectly timed, worked together to score that girl a brand new Disney Princess Rocking Horse/Ride-On Toy! It's pink and soft and even plays music! We were so excited about this little horsey because Lydie's physical therapist has been recommending that we use a rocking horse to strengthen her core muscles and a ride-on toy to encourage her to use her leg muscles in a different way. Our little pink pony is an all-in-one therapy machine!!
Get ready, y'all! It's almost birthday time!!
Monday, May 17, 2010
Let the Countdown Begin!
Posted by The Watsons at 2:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I can't believe our babies are about to be 1!!!
Love that pony--she looks like such a big girl in that picture....
Um, what happened to Danny's arm?
Post a Comment