Friday, May 14, 2010

Big Boy Bed


Tyler has met a major milestone y'all.

Last night, he slept in his big boy bed for the very first time!

Granted, it's not a "real" big boy bed, but, rather, a toddler bed. We decided to go with a toddler bed since we're on the brink of a big move and have no idea what kind of space we'll have when we get to our new location. Plus, we wanted to hang on to all of Ty's nursery furniture, for now; you know, just in case we ever need it again. He'll get a whole new big boy bedroom set within the next year or so, but we're decided to start with something basic.

He was so excited about his new bed, and he couldn't wait to tuck in George and slide under the covers. I think the fact that the whole bed is done in trucks helped a lot with the excitement factor. Give him a truck and that boy is as happy as a clam.

Before we called it a night, I talked to him for a while and gave him specific instructions that he was to stay in his bed until he called for me in the morning. I left his room silently praying and crossing my fingers that I wouldn't hear any footsteps before 7:30 a.m.

That little angel did exactly as I told him and stayed in that bed until I came for him well after the sun was up. I couldn't have been more proud.

Since he was such a champ, the Big Boy Bed Fairy came and left him a surprise while he was at My Gym this morning.

What? You didn't know about the Big Boy Bed Fairy? Oh, well, that's a shame because the Big Boy Bed Fairy left a beautiful new Mack truck (as in "Mack" from the Cars movie) at the top of the stairs for our big boy. And, I think our big boy was thrilled with his reward, although we now need a Lightening McQueen to go in the back of Mack's trailer because the Big Boy Bed Fairy thought Mack came with one and was unpleasantly surprised when there was no McQueen in the package. Oooops.

Anyhow, we love that Tyler has graduated to this new bed, but, admittedly, his mommy got pretty teary-eyed last night when she realized that he would no longer be sleeping in the bed he'd slept in almost every single night of his precious little life. If this seems monumentally sentimental, how on earth am I going to feel when he sleeps under a roof other than mine one day??

Dear Time,
Please, please, please slow down. I want to keep him little for a while longer.
Thank you.
___________

Snuggle up, Sleepy Head.
Enjoy your brand new Big Boy Bed!







2 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

How adorable!!! It is such a big moment for them and for us mommies too! That last picture is adorable...and I love that bedding! I do believe my Connor James will be a truck fanatic too...so sweet!

Anonymous said...

That last picture of Tyler and George is too precious! What a wonderful memory!

Love,
Mom