Friday, May 14, 2010

Everybody Deserves a Smile

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There is nothing sweeter, literally, in Milledgeville, Georgia than the Smiley Face Cookies at Ryals Bakery.

Oh. My. Yumminess.

Thankfully, my precious in-laws love me enough that they sent a box of smileys to me via Noni and Poppy who arrived like beacons in the night yesterday so that Danny's thesis can somehow get written in the next three weeks. Oh, it just stresses me out to think about it.

But, enough stress. Back to the cookies.

As soon as I was able to dive into that box last night, I did. I was generous enough to share half of a smiley with Danny and then called Mama Janet and Papa Joe to report my findings and offer my sincerest thanks for their part in making my week.

Oh, how I love those smileys.

After lunch, I found myself staring at those cookies again. This time, I shared my cookie with Tyler who thought he'd died and gone to heaven when I handed him the frosted, yellow goodness.

He is SO my child.

Let's be clear. I have, technically, only had one cookie, so far. Two halves make a whole. One cookie. Gosh, that almost makes me want to go eat a whole one because I feel like I've somehow deprived myself.

Anyhow, thanks, again, to Mama Janet and Papa Joe for thinking of me, and thanks to Noni and Poppy for coming to our rescue, yet again. I can run this ship by myself, but it's so much easier (and a lot more fun) with two extra pairs of hands!!








3 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

You can never say you lack for good help, that is for sure! Enjoy those cookies.

Julie, the mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy Peterson said...

Those are, hands down, the best cookies in the world. I'm just going to have to bend my diet just a big for one of those...and I've gotten 2 friends at work hooked on them as well! Love, love, love them!!! And Addie loves them just as much as I do! :)