Saturday, May 22, 2010

It was a HOOT!


Today we celebrated Lydia's first birthday with a wonderful group of friends and family. The day couldn't have been any better. I am so thankful.

We held Lydie's birthday party at the Chinquapin Rec. Center in Alexandria where they have a fabulous soft playroom made especially for children under the age of five. The first hour of the party was spent playing in the playroom, and the second hour was spent in a special party room where we were able to eat, drink, and chat with some of our favorite people.

I chose an owl theme for Lydie's party, and the colors were all pink and brown. It was so unique and adorable. I even made (with an embarrassing amount of help from Danny, Noni and Poppy) a beaded owl shirt for myself and ordered a special owl necklace from Lisa Leonard Designs. I had the necklace engraved with "Lydia Rose", and I plan to pass it on to her in the years to come. Maybe she'll think it's neat that I wore it on her first birthday. I hope so!

Thankfully, there were no burns to report today, and, therefore, zero tears. Hooray!

There are a lot of pictures here to share, but I will be posting a few more tomorrow from one other camera. Be sure to check back!

Thank you to all of those who came and made Lydie's party so memorable. We are blessed to know you, for sure!!



























































0 comments: