Monday, October 20, 2008

Tyler's Social Calendar

Danny and I haven't had much of a social life since Tyler Reed came along in January. That's okay with us because we're happy just hanging out together most of the time. In recent weeks, however, Tyler's social calendar has had us all on the run. I don't think I've ever been to so many first birthday parties in my life!!

This past Saturday, we went to Meagan's party. They live within a mile of us, so it was nice to not have to go too far for a good time!



Kai and Ty playing together

Tyler in the ball pit



Meagan pulling the pinata string

Ty's turn

Ty enjoying his pinata loot

Sloane and Kai in the bouncy castle


Ty entering the bouncy castle

Bouncy, bouncy baby!

On Sunday, after church, we went to Aaron's birthday party. We have been praying for little Aaron for a long time and continue to do so. He's is being fostered by a sweet family at our church who love them like he's their own. They are praying that it will be in God's will for them to adopt Aaron, but that decision is yet to be made. For now, we are surrounding all of them with love. Aaron and Ty are in the same class at church, and they were fast friends. They also are often dressed alike, as Steffani and I have very similar taste!

Aaron and his birthday cupcake



The little ones playing


Aaron opening his gift from Tyler

So, we are learning to work our lives around Ty's social calendar. At least all of the parties he's been invited to have been tons of fun! And, I have to give major props to my sweet husband for accompanying us to every single party, so far. Not many daddies do that, and it means the world to Ty and me that Danny wants to be a part of what we're doing.

Oh, and if this post doesn't bring on a little craving for cake and ice cream, I don't know what will. As for the Watsons, we're off to Outback...can't get steak off our minds!!

6 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

You people have got to quit posting about food...Now I must go...I am in search of ice cream!

Glad to see you finally posted. I was about to hafta get ugly...

Bill said...

He's a busy little boy, huh? I bet you are getting all kinds of good ideas for Tyler's first bday - it will be here before you know it.

By the way, I give props to Danny too. He's such a good daddy!

Carly said...

I think for the next 20 years, we are all going to have to live vicariously through our kids:)

Ty man is just growing up way too fast! He is so lucky to have to have such loving parents!

ewhill said...

I am so proud to have a son-in-law who is such a hands-on dad. Both of you are wonderful parents! You should just have a house full of kids!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Your schedule will only get busier the older he gets and the more kiddos you have!! My life has definitely not been my own in quite a while -- 3 more years and I'm not going to know what to do with myself in my quiet house!Guess that's when Darin and I will get a chance to date much more often!

Reeder Family said...

Wow - sounds like you have been busy! Check out my blog - you have been tagged!
Melissa