My friend, Melissa, from high school tagged me, so I am supposed to share seven random and/or weird facts about myself. At first, I wondered how I could possibly think of seven weird things about me...then, I realized seven would be enough. Given the chance to be totally honest, I'd have to list about 150 things that are odd about this old girl!
1.) I could eat cereal for every meal. I love it. It's absolutely my favorite food. Currently, I am on a Frosted Rice Krispies kick. Delicious!! The way I eat cereal is weird in and of itself. Picture this: I have a big cereal bowl that I pour a little bit of cereal in. Then, I fill the bowl with milk. In an effort to keep the cereal crunchy, I eat the little bit of cereal I started with and then keep pouring more cereal on top, a little at a time, until the milk is gone. I'm telling you, no sogginess in my bowl (but I probably consume a day's worth of calories in one breakfast!!).
2.) I am a TERRIBLE passenger in a car. This was not a problem until I had a car accident with my best friend in 2001, and I realized that I could have killed her that afternoon. Since then, a screw has been loose in my head and I just about have to have Valium to ride in a vehicle with anyone, including my own husband. Believe me, it's just better for everyone involved if I drive. Oh, and forget about the back seat. That sets me into an absolute panic attack. I know...crazy.
3.) I hate mopping the floors. With a passion. I can't even go into it here because it makes me want to break out in hives.
4.) The game, Mahjong, came on my new computer, and I could play it for hours. It's the best strategy game ever. I'm not usually good at those (terrible at Monopoly and Checkers), but I love Mahjong. Try it. You'll like it.
5.) I've always wanted to be a runner. I tried to run track in 9th grade but was not good at all. I spent the rest of my high school career "jogging" just enough ahead of Ms. Cole at cheerleading practice that I wouldn't get in trouble. Now, I regret not taking it more seriously. I could have killer legs, maybe, if I'd tried harder and not taken myself so seriously. Alas, I am a walker.
6.) My very favorite candy of all time are those jumbo-sized meltaway mints with the round, white sprinkles on the bottom. They sell them at Super Target with all the Jelly Belly stuff. I have to control myself so I don't try to buy the whole bin. Then again, I only go across town to the Super Target every once in a while, so I do allow a little indulgence.
7.) I am pretty environmentally conscious on most issues, but I can sure go through some paper towels. I refill the roll in my kitchen DAILY. I have tried to break the habit and use dish rags, but they're just gross. And smelly. And harbor bacteria. I much prefer a paper towel.
So, there you go. Seven random, weird things about me. Oh, I just thought of one more--I CAN'T sleep in socks. Ever. In fact, I hate socks period. Good thing I live in Texas where I can wear flip-flops in the winter!!
I am tagging the following sweet souls:
Julie Boucek (even though she has a newborn and is totally excused if she doesn't want to play along)

8 comments:
yay...can't wait.(note the sarcasm!) :-)
So I started laughing hysterically on #2. The third fact also got me tickled as I kept thinking about the mop commercial with the "Baby Come Back" song. I didn't know you always wanted to be a runner?! Me too. I still keep thinking I will be a runner one day! I also didn't know about your favorite candy. How have I missed that? I so agree on #7. Dish towels gross me out too. Even if I just use one a day. And paper towels are so easy. But it gets expensive.
Oh, I so can't sleep in socks either. And your days of living in flip flops will end as soon as you head East. It gets COLD here!
I was right there with ya trying to stay just ahead of Ms. Cole.
I'll try to think of 7 more random facts about myself:)
Jenn, I have to disagree on #2. You were a terrible passenger before you "almost" killed me, which, by the way, you didn't come anywhere near close to killing me. This is not a challenge though.
Hmm, I am going to have to give mine some thought...
I knew most of those things about you......ESPECIALLY the one about the car thing. I still laugh thinking about how I managed to get through a New Orleans trip without you having a total meltdown!!! I miss you!!!
Thanks for playing along! I thought of you tonight as I was eating my Honeycomb cereal for dinner!
I have also always wanted to be a runner. I tried in ninth grade also - got the stinkin letter jacket to prove it - which was my main motivation to run! Ha!
I also hate socks!!
Fun! Thanks again!
Melissa
I got a big kick out of this post! Im also a big fan of cereal. Many days, I eat it for B/F, lunch, and dinner. I go through a box in about 2 days:) Its getting to be an expensive habit, but Im not ready to give it up!
Im going to have to give my seven random things some thought...
Can't wait to read the seven random polints of interest. Blogs are funny to me, I am not over yet the poll over the color of a tennis ball that Stephanie Purdue blogged about last week. We all see and do things very differently.
Post a Comment