Can you believe it? My itty, bitty, baby boy turned nine months old yesterday, and I didn't have my camera out all weekend long. I will have to do a special nine months post tomorrow, but, for today, I wanted to document a few things.
Yesterday, Danny wanted to go to IHOP for breakfast. I am never one to deny a person their IHOP, so we loaded up and got there with all the other senior citizens who have coffee and pancakes before the sun comes up. Delicious! Since the Lowe's is right behind the IHOP, and I needed to walk off a few calories, we headed over for a little shopping.
We actually went into the Lowe's with the intention of buying a few fall flowers to go around our trees out front. We left with patio set. Since the day we got married (well, it was a little bit after that day), I have wanted a plain, black patio set that could go anywhere we go and withstand any military moves. Nothing fancy. Nothing expensive. Just a common-sense patio set that could be used for eating, socializing, reading, Bible studying...you get the picture.
So, I picked out the table and went with four, high-backed chairs. We meander around the store a while longer (because I also want some outdoor carpet for under my patio furniture but didn't find any), and we check out with a patio set and not a single flower.
As we are hauling our over-sized purchases to the car, Danny begins mumbling about how we're getting this stuff home. I braced myself for high-anxiety right away. You see, the Element is a hauling vehicle, but we couldn't strap Tyler to the luggage rack so we were left with only half of our haul space. After about 15 minutes and several calls to local friends with trucks, Danny decides to load the table and leave Tyler and me with the four chairs on the sidewalk while he runs home to drop off the table and then comes back for us. I can't even tell you the sight for sore eyes we were. Thank God Joy Eady answered her cell phone so that I didn't look like a total loser on the curb!
Once Danny returned, I helped him with the chairs and then almost busted my head open on this silver hook thing inside the door. A headache came upon me in a flash and I was down for the count the rest of the afternoon. Again, we were quite a sight.
While I rested my throbbing head, Danny helped with some cleaning and entertained Ty for a while. We eventually just kind of made our way through the rest of the day, but we did get the patio set up and running. Fabulous.
Speaking of the patio set, I broke it in this morning by having my breakfast before church outside in the cool morning breeze. It was so, so pleasant. As I looked around, I imagined the flower-filled, statue-filled, wind chime-filled oasis than I intend to create out there. I started with a funky flower pot and some yellow mums that we picked up at Wal-Mart tonight. I have got to get y'all some pictures. This little patio is about to be my work-in-progress (because I don't have enough of those already).
The big Sunday news is that after church, we had lunch with our friends, Jason, Heather and Micah Davis, at Golden Corral, and since sweet Tyler is nine months old now, he tasted his very first piece of chicken while we were there! It was so exciting! He really liked it. He also liked the corn that he stole off of my plate and the heaping helping of green beans that his daddy gave him and the macaroni and cheese and the 800 goldfish...no wonder he's such a big guy! He eats like a horse!
I hate that I don't have a single picture to share with you today, but I will make up for it tomorrow. We will be starting our day with a pajama and coffee playdate with Sarah and Lindsey. Any Monday morning that begins with Starbucks is fine by me!
Cheers!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Nine Months and Not a Single Picture
Posted by The Watsons at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad y'all had a fun weekend. And that you got your patio set! It really is hard to believe that Tyler Watson is 9 months old!!!! You're going to have start planning his first birthday soon:) Get us some pics up when you can of the new patio furniture and of our sweet and handsome boy!
You and your starbucks...
Can't wait to see some pictures! We've got to get our patio furniture and our dining room furniture at some point...our house is only half done...
It's just too much to think about, I tell ya.
Post a Comment