These are just a few bits and pieces about what's been happening around here the last few days. Kinda boring, to be honest.
First, we had the Annual San Antonio Area JAG Gala on Saturday night. This was planned completely and totally by my talented husband with a few requests from his boss here and there, and I was really proud how well everything turned out. Normally, this is a very formal event that involves "Mess Dress" for the active duty folks (read: military tux) and cocktail dresses/evening wear for the ladies. Danny's boss wanted things to be less stuffy and suggested a Western theme since we're in Texas. So, everyone traded in their bow ties for cowboy hats and their high heels for boots. This was met with a little resistance at first, but the night of the event, we heard nothing but relief and thanks being uttered from the mouths of the guests. It felt more like a party than a business event, and I think people appreciated that. The food was a BBQ Buffet, a perfect accompaniment to the theme.
Here's a shot of Danny and I in our "Giddy-Up Gear"!!

And, finally, the little Ty guy is growing like a weed. Here he is after church enjoying his bottle in his new big boy car seat. I can't wait to be able to turn that puppy around--SO hard to get him in this thing backwards (especially in the Element).

Hope your week is off to a great start!

3 comments:
You look fantastic!!! I couldn't get a belt around me if my life depended on it!!
And Danny looks like a natural cowboy! That was a great idea!
I cannot wait to see that precious baby boy next week!!!!!
That first picture is awesome. I agree with Joy, Danny looks like a natural.
I can't believe how much Tyler has grown from just this summer!
Enjoy the help while you have it...
I love the picture of you and Danny! You look so skinny!!!!
Post a Comment