See for yourself:
Wasn't that cute? He is finally opening up his hands when he claps, and he is just thrilled that his hands make noise!!
I spent much of the weekend preparing for the upcoming consignment sale (you probably noticed the stacks of stuff on my sofas in the video). I have to turn everything in tomorrow, and I have a lot of stuff to sell. I am hoping to make a good bit of money that I can put toward more fun things for Tyler. Since it's my first sale, I'm sure I'll learn the ropes and do even better next time. With all that needed to be done, Danny was gracious enough to help me with Tyler, keep us fed, and even organize my hangers and tag some of the clothes for me. Very, very, kind.
Tonight, we were extremely disappointed in our Tennessee Vols, but we were excited to share the first game of the season with the newest member of our fan club. Unfortunately, he didn't make it to kick-off.

He did, however, turn bedtime into a circus fiasco when he decided to learn to stand up in his crib. I thought I might pass out. I was sitting on the floor talking to him, trying to convince him that actually laying down in the bed is the cool thing to do. As I was having this one-sided conversation with my child, he was holding the crib rails, sitting on his knees. Next thing I know, he's in a straddle and he works his way to standing. I think he surprised himself because he slid back to his bottom pretty soon after I got Danny in there to see the sight. But, he managed to get back to his feet...over and over and over. He won't even be eight months old until Thursday. Can't he slow down a little bit? There's too much development happening too quickly for my taste. It just occurred to me: how long will it take him to start pulling up on all the furniture and then cruising around the house? Lord, please help me.
It's been a crazy-busy weekend, and this week will be no different. We have a jam-packed schedule every day. I usually thrive on full throttle, but I must say that I am ready for next week to get here quickly.
We hope your Labor Day weekend was a happy one!
5 comments:
That video is too cute!!! I must see that child again soon!!! He'll be all grown up before I see him next time!!!
That's so not fair. I don't understand why our husbands can't get it together with these living arrangements...
Yep, crusing is next! Clear all the coffee and end tables!
I don't know who is cuter here, Tyler, or his parents!
Your neighborhood always looks so cute! And I love seeing your boys in their orange. By next season, Tyler will be begging to stay up for all of the games.
Enjoy the calm before the cruising...
Danny, THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE...YOU MADE MY DAY....I COULD HERE BOTH OF YOU SINGING TO TYLER. HIS MOVING HANDS WERE HEAVENLY. PAPA JOE It is late and I missed some keys in the other note...excuse please.
HEAR...............PAPAJOE
good night...........
Post a Comment