We started our day early this morning as we got ready for the Down Syndrome Association's annual Buddy Walk at Fort Sam Houston. As you know, Tyler's friend, Meagan, has a mild form of Downs, so we wanted to support her and her family at this special event. We were so touched by the sweet people we met and were amazed at how many folks were there in attendance. Did you know that Eva Longoria's sister has Downs? She does, and she was there...a celebrity in her own right! Eva and Tony are strong supporters of the cause and raise tons of money in our area for Downs research, but they weren't there today. We were just so glad to be a part of this morning's events.


Meagan

Meagan and her mom, Linda. We couldn't resist this sign! After the Buddy Walk, Tyler was showing signs of exhaustion, but he had a birthday party to attend within 45 minutes of leaving the walk. So, we drove around Ft. Sam and all through San Antonio until it was party time. I think Ty got a nap in there somewhere while we were riding.
Today was Tyler's girlfriend, Skylar's, first birthday. This was a HUGE event! Her parents reserved a park pavilion and had a petting zoo, a clown, a face painter, two pinatas, and four bubble machines to entertain the kiddos. They were not without things to do! This marked Ty's first official birthday party, and I think he really got a kick out of it. I hope so because we've got another one tomorrow afternoon!

The Little Gym babies, minus Skylar.
Ty and Kai...Kai is the smiliest, happiest baby I have EVER seen!
Ty with his beloved puffs.
The Little Gym babies with Skylar (in front)
Skylar and her parents
Tyler pulling the baby pinata...we actually were the first to go and broke it right away...a little embarrassing, but there were two sides!

Lorrie and Sloane
The clown made Tyler an airplane for his stroller.
Yummy cake!
We had a great Saturday, although we are really, really tired. But, tomorrow's another big day, so we'll rest up until then.
SIDE NOTE: Jennifer is officially cheering for the Georgia Bulldogs this football season, as the Vols are proving to be worthless. I only pick Georgia because I am from Georgia, and I am not really interested in any other teams available in the SEC. Since I also have family ties to Georgia Tech (my dad and brother-in-law are alumni), I will be cheering for them, too. Unless they're playing Georgia. Then I pick the red and black because I prefer their colors. Yes, I am a fair-weather fan this year. I fully embrace this negative, traitor image. I just can't suffer with the Vols for the next several months. They are killing me. So, bring on the blackout!
Updated side note: I officially resign from cheering for anyone this football season. I am now a non-fan. I have jinxed GA and TN is an embarrassment. I surrender.







3 comments:
Okay, UGA is losing 17-0. You must stop being a UGA fan...you've jinxed us...
it's either that or because Munson retired...
regardless, it ain't pretty right now....
Little Joy Eady might be right. Stop cheering for us just in case. :-)
I can't believe you took 242 pictures. Y'all have been busy!
It's a good thing you've decided to resign from football....especially since you've forgotten your Arkansas connection! I feel completely slighted.......LOL Of couse, the 'Backs are more like bacon slices this season......
Post a Comment