Thursday, September 11, 2008

Enlightening

Once the house was quiet tonight, I breathed a sigh of relief and fetched my Bible. I recently finished Beth Moore's Bible study on the book of Daniel and was so intrigued and became so hungry to learn more of God's word that I didn't hesitate to sign up for our church's Fall Ladies Bible Study. By Christmas, I will complete two more of Beth's studies and, tonight, I started the first one--Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent. Until yesterday, I didn't even know what the Psalms of Ascent were, but, let me tell you, I know now and I am excited!

Before I started the first day of homework, I had to confess to God that my brain still felt like mush from the Daniel study. Beth just about ran me ragged, but it was a thrilling journey and forever changed the way I will read and study the Bible. I had to ask for a new state of mind, a renewed hunger for learning. He handed it right to me, almost immediately.

I hope the following quote sends chills down your spine like it did for me:

" If God had already taken us everywhere He intended, we'd be at His glorious feet by now. That you and I are still here drawing terrestrial breaths tells us that God still has appointments for us." ~Beth Moore, Stepping Up, 2007, pg. 14

Wow. I'm renewed. And, in just studying the first five pages, I have already learned more about Psalms than I've ever known.

He's certainly not finished with me yet. Thank you, Lord!

4 comments:

Joy Peterson said...

I so wish that our church had a Bible study like this...the only ones they currently have are in the mornings...which I can't attend...

Unknown said...

THank You Jenn Hill!
I have have been having a hard time and your bible study reading was just what I needed to day.

I love you!
Betsy

Anonymous said...

thank you Jennifer, I love you

Ginger Carter Miller said...

I needed that tonight. Jeffrey is stretching my patience to the max, work is piled up, and I can't seem to find time to see my Daddy or my husband,,,and I miss both way too much.

What a blessing you continue to be to me!
Much love!~Carter