
I can hardly believe that Tyler is three months old already! He is growing so quickly! In the last couple of days, he's really started looking at objects in his hands. Before, you could place a rattle in his hand and he would just wave it around with no real purpose. Now, he actually holds the rattle with one hand at first and then adds his second hand. He studies the rattle very closely and then puts it in his mouth! Today was the first day he's ever taken something from me. I was holding his rattle in front of him, and he reached out and wrapped his fingers around it without any help!! If you stop and consider all of the motor skills you use on a daily basis and compare them to the motor skills of an infant, it's truly amazing to see what all we learn to do as infants...a time none of us can even remember, but a crucial time in all our lives. It's a miracle to watch this little guy grow and change every day.
This morning, as I was getting ready to go to the gym, I put Tyler on our bed, propped on my pillow. I thought he'd look around and maybe stare at the ceiling fan a while. Nope. He got really cozy on mommy's pillow, and off he drifted...
My other special treat this morning was a big, beautiful bloom on my hibiscus plant!!! I bought this thing last fall for about $4. Danny replanted it in a bigger pot with better soil, and it was gorgeous until late November. Because of the lovely, non-existant winters in San Antonio, it totally survived and is already showing off! If you look closely, you can see little buds all over it that are ready to pop open! It gives me something to look forward to discovering anew every morning (aside from my handsome son, of course!).

Tyler is having lots of fun with Ms. Bobbie and Mr. Fred. They decided they want to be called Poppy and Nonny (I have to check the spelling on those, but what I typed would be my best guess). Tyler especially enjoys hearing Poppy's extra-deep voice!


And, finally, while I was having an afternoon photo session with Ty, I decided to prop this monkey next to him. If the monkey looks weathered and worn, it's because it is! It actually belonged to Danny when he was a boy, and, from what I gather, he was rarely separated from his monkey! He was so tickled when he discovered that I had taken these pictures, and I have strict instructions to get a copy to Earnest and Nita ASAP because they gave Danny the monkey. I think they will be so touched to see their gift passed down a generation!

That's all we've got from the Watson household tonight.
Please pray for little Ethan Powell and his family. And, when you say that prayer, be sure to hold the little ones in your lives a little closer, a little tighter, and a little longer...

3 comments:
I love the picture of Monkey. I got teary eyed when I saw it. Danny and Monkey did go everywhere together. I am so glad that Tyler can enjoy playing with Monkey.
It seems like just yesterday when we were all guessing what day he would finally be born! Now our Tyler is 3 months old. You are getting out of the blob stage now, and it only gets better every single day!
By the way, I'm envious of your Texas weather. It is still mighty chilly in VA!
Wow! What an excellent entry! I miss Tyler so much. I wish that I were there to catch all of his milestone moments with you. Mr. Monkey is so cute with Tyler. Danny has to be excited to see Tyler enjoy the same toy that he loved as a small child. It is evident that Tyler feels well loved. He is such a lucky boy! Love to you all!
Mom
Post a Comment