Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Tricks!

Tyler Reed is getting so big, so fast! I don't know where my little, tiny newborn baby went, but I think he's turning into a little boy before my eyes.

This past Sunday, when Tyler started preaching with the preacher at church, he made his first appearance in the church nursery. The days of sleeping through the service are now over since Ty found his vocal cords and likes to test his range at inopportune times. The nursery was really nice, and I feel completely comfortable leaving him there. I was really nervous at first (and I think I scared Danny when I returned to the pew sans baby), but I'm proud that we made the first step.

Tyler is also testing his stuntman abilities. He often sits in his bouncy chair on the couch while I fix my breakfast, put in a load of laundry, or any other quick chores that require me to leave him for a moment. When he was really little, we'd buckle him in, but he wasn't going anywhere because he didn't have the strength. Eventually, we quit buckling him in and just let him hang out there while we kept a close eye on him.

Well, this morning, I walked into the kitchen to feed the pets and get my own breakfast. I kept looking over at him to be sure he was okay. After I put my bagel in the toaster, I heard him make a noise that sounded like he was really proud of himself. I looked over the bar at him, and his legs were hanging OUT of the bouncy seat and his head was where his booty should have been. I nearly had a heart attack right then and there. I ran over to get him and promptly put his little butt on the floor. So much for no buckles. Click it or ticket.

In addition to his stunting, he's been practicing gymnastics. He kicks his legs almost to his face and rolls to his side. It's the cutest thing. He hardly ever just lays on the floor anymore. He's always moving around and finding new positions. Any day now he's going to master rolling over. It's just a matter of moments.





Just today, he learned to grab the lion and make it sing. That was a BIG first.




And, finally, mega amounts of drool have set in, and he enjoys blowing all that drool into bubbles that pop all over his chin. We are finding bibs to be very good things.



Can you see that drool???

3 comments:

SarahM said...

Oh, Jenn! He's getting so big and so sweet........before you know it he'll be 15 and you'll be having panic attacks about being a year from driving! LOL

Miss you guys bunches. I hope we get to see you over the summer. Take care....love you!

Joy Peterson said...

so sweet!!! those little bubbles were always so precious to me!!!

I can't believe he wriggled himself almost out of the bouncy!!! You've got a strong little fellow on your hands there!

CAn't wait to see him in June!

Unknown said...

Look at all those bubbles and drool!!
He looks different with every post! It is so awesome that we all get to see each other's babies grow up via blogs!!