I am a planner by nature. I like to have a plan in place and goals set on a daily basis. However, there are some days when a little flexibility is required. Today was one of those days!
This morning, my plan was just to spend the day relaxing and finishing chores. We've been on the go this week, so I thought we'd just hang out at home and enjoy playing with Ms. Bobbi and Mr. Fred (Noni and Poppy).
Around 8:30 a.m. my friend Sarah called and invited me to go up to the outlets in San Marcos with her and her daughter. Carter's was having a warehouse sale where every item was $3.99. I was so excited, so I told her we'd be ready to go by 10:30 a.m. Then, I called Bobbi and Fred just to make sure it was okay with them that I went up there, and I told them I'd be home as soon as we were finished.
Sarah was running a little behind because she had to wake her daughter up from a nap, so we didn't get on the road until about 11:30 a.m. We headed to the outlets, found the store where they were holding the event (which was a different location than the regular store), and started shopping. [On a side note, it is very difficult to find cute clothes for little boys. That store was packed with precious girl stuff but not so precious boy stuff. Regardless, I did manage to spend almost $50 in $3.99 items!!]
Once we finished shopping at the warehouse sale, we walked over to Johnny Rocket's for lunch. I'd never been there, but it was delicious! After a good meal, we went to the regular Carter's store and were heading to Baby Gap when my phone rang.
It was Ms. Bobbi. I figured she was worried about us since it was almost 2 p.m. and we hadn't been home yet. When she spoke her first words, however, I knew something was wrong.
Poor Mr. Fred was in a great deal of pain and thought he had a kidney stone. Now, I've never had one of those, but I know they are extremely unpleasant. Ms. Bobbi found a doctor for Mr. Fred to see (which was a miracle in and of itself and could take a whole other blog to explain), and his appointment was set for 3:30 p.m. Sarah and I hopped in the car and sped back to Schertz.
When I arrived home, Mr. Fred was slouched on the couch holding a bucket and looking terribly pale. I raced to change Ty's diaper, pack a bottle, and confirm the directions to the doctor's office. We got everything situated and headed across town.
I have never been so nervous in my life. Mr. Fred was beside me in the front seat not saying a word but holding on to that bucket for dear life. He was so nauseated and sick and in pain. He was just miserable. Besides being worried about him, I was worried about making it to the doctor's office in time when I barely had a clue as to where I was going. Not to mention, I was dealing with these Texas interstates that totally send me off. So, at 75 miles an hour and without any mistakes, we made it to the appointment right on time. Thank you, Jesus!
Mr. Fred was right. He has a kidney stone. The doctor prescribed him some medicine and said that if he doesn't pass it by the morning, he has to go in for that procedure where they blast the stone into pieces. He has had trouble with kidney stones before and he doesn't think he'll pass this one overnight, so I am prepared to get him to the hospital by 9:30 a.m. It will be an all-day event for all of us, but I praise God that we were able to get him taken care of in such an efficient manner.
So, suffice it to say that the day I planned did not turn out the way I expected. So what? That's what life is about, and I will gladly embrace the excitement because it means I'm really living. Rules are made to be broken and plans are made to be changed, right??
Aside from all of that, my baby was darn cute all day long...
He's already winking at the girls...such a flirt!


8 comments:
Okay...he is so freakin cute:) And his shoes are adorable! His momma dresses him so well!!! Hope we can chat tomorrow...or sometime soon...I know you are a busy, busy woman
He might be the funniest baby I have ever seen in my life. His expressions are so...expressive. I'm so glad you are capturing all of these on film as they will come in handy for the Rehearsal Dinner slide show years down the road.
What a fun stage. So cute, and still so easy to contain!
jenn he keeps getting cuter and cuter everyday!!!
Mr. Fred is in my prayers...I konw how horrible those kidney stones are!
And Tyler is so cute! You should have called me...I could have spent $100 over the phone in that store with you!
The winking pic is too,too cute! Hope that Mr. Fred is ok and that everything "comes out" ok! Love you!
Thanks for the new pictures and letting us know about Fred and Bobbi. I really like Tyler's hats too. I need a Tennessee Tyler picture for my scrap book. Hopefully you have had a better day today since Papa Danny has returned. We love you and eagerly await your next posting. Love Papa Joe and Mamama Janet
i just looked at this again and i just LOVE that last picture!!
It's time for an update, watson...get to it.
: )
Post a Comment