We sure do love to have company visit us. That's a side effect of having zero family and very few friends around. My dad joked last week when he visited that we seem to run a little hotel here. Well, it's not luxurious, but it's always open for visitors!
The Hotel Watson was pleased to have my dad here last week, and Heather came this past Monday and stayed until this morning. Next Thursday, Ms. Bobbie and Mr. Fred will be here, and they plan to stay the entire month of April! Fret not, they have their RV, which makes them the best kind of month-long company because they can come in the morning and they head back to their humble abode in the evening (usually after Ms. Bobbie has fed us some kind of fabulous meal!). It hardly feels like we are having company at all when they come, and they always spoil us way more than we deserve. Now, don't get me wrong; we would be pleased to have almost anyone stay with us, in our house, for an entire month, but Ms. Bobbie and Mr. Fred are just extra-special because they bring their own sleeping arrangements!
So, since Hotel Watson is temporarily closed, Tyler and I spent the day getting things back in order. We dusted, vacuumed, picked up the messes, and washed towels. We also worked in some time for fun, and I spent a long time researching school systems in the area and trying to decide about going back to teaching next fall. That's another blog entirely, so I'll leave it at that.
We continue to enjoy the camera my dad left with us...here are some snapshots from our day...
Believe it or not, this is the only picture I took while Heather was here. She has tons of cute ones that she took, though, so I will post copies when she sends them to me. Ty adored Heather and was quick to relax in her arms.
I experimented with giving Tyler a 6 ounce bottle today. He was starting to display signs of hunger more quickly after 5 ounces, and I was sick of measuring 5 ounces because it's not as exact as the even numbers.
This was the result, and it lasted for 2 1/2 hours!
After his marathon nap, Tyler sat in his Bumbo and watched his crib aquarium while I put away his laundry. The aquarium was at the perfect height to encourage him to hold his head up without making him work harder than his muscles will allow. I think this will become a daily activity.
Since it was 85 degrees at 5:30 p.m., Tyler and I went outside to enjoy the evening breeze. He gets tickled when the wind hits his face!
Which is prettier? I vote for the handsome baby!
This is Ty's new trick...pulling his knees up. Sometimes his little butt comes off the ground and his knees reach his chest!
So darn sweet...
And, here's Daisy. You can hardly believe she has cancer...sweet dog.
4 comments:
The look on his face in the Bumbo is so funny! Seeing him on that blanket in the yard really puts in perspective how much he has grown.
He is the cutest thing ever....can't wait to FINALLY hold him!
looooook how big he's getting!! time flies!
now that you have a new fancy pants computer, you really should post an update....
Post a Comment