Believe it or not, it was colder here in Texas today than it was in the northeastern part of our country. The temperature was about 56 degrees when I woke up this morning, but it fell all day long. In the afternoon we got severe storm warnings and wind that shook the walls of my house. Since it was cold, rainy, and dreary, Ty and I stayed in. In celebration of our stay-at-home day, we remained in our p.j.s for quite a while. Tyler got dressed after he spit up all over himself and me, and I didn't get in the shower until I realized I hadn't bathed all day at 5:15 this evening. I love days like that!
The most productive thing I did today was to clean out and organize my pantry. It needed it SOOO badly. There is little that I hate worse than an overflowing, disorganized pantry. I should be able to open the pantry and find exactly what I need within seconds. When I start having to dig for things, I am unhappy. Since I had been unhappy with the state of my pantry for a couple of months and I couldn't fit in all my groceries I bought on Tuesday, I decided the pantry was in a state of emergency and required immediate attention. I put little Ty in his bouncy seat, and we sang and talked while I cleaned. Here's evidence of our hard work:
I also got two loads of laundry washed. One of those loads has been folded and put away, but the other load is still in the dryer. I'll try to handle that before I go to bed...maybe. The one other productive endeavor of the day was that I cooked a bunch of chicken, shredded it, and put it in the freezer. I did a batch yesterday, too. Thanks, Lou Anne, for the time-saving tip. Bonus: My house smells like perpetual Thanksgiving!
The only bad thing that happened today was that the dinner I cooked made me want to vomit. It is the only Weight Watchers recipe I haven't liked. I didn't even finish my portion and I threw the rest out. It hurts my heart to think of all the homeless people and starving children in Africa who would have given anything for that pan of mexican chicken casserole, but I detested the look of it, much less the taste. Makes me feel selfish and terrible. But, I just couldn't take it.
The night did get better with a phone call from Valerie, one of my precious friends from Louisiana. Val has been on my prayer list for quite a while because of some very serious health issues over the last year, but it looks like she's on the mend. Praise God! I just adore her more than I can even describe. She and her husband are the reason Ty has the nursery he has. I filled her in on my desperate attempt to find the set, and she found it on a trip to Houston. Bless her. She and Sarah shared the cost and gave me his entire nursery decor at my shower. You just can't know how special that was and still is. I think of them every time I walk in Ty's room. It was wonderful to hear from her!!
And, how can any day be less than perfect when your baby boy rolls himself over into this position on his daddy's lap and remains there, sound asleep, for almost two hours???
I must be the luckiest girl in the world!
6 comments:
Good job on the pantry! I hope your weather gets better so y'all can go out and play.
good job on the pantry, watson....I think I'll wait on you to come visit so you can clean mine out too...
I miss those days of Addie falling asleep on my lap--and staying there forever.
And you can come see ME when you finish visiting Joy, and I'll hold and play with Tyler while you work on my pantry...
Seriously, you really have this mommy thing down pat! Not that I'm a bit surprised.
Ummmmm....never look in my pantry, J. Watson! LOL Cherish these days! If Hannah tried to roll on my lap and sleep, I'd be smushed! LOL
Too bad Ty is not here today! It is snowing like cats and dogs. The ground is white. He could make his first snowman.
You don't know how shocked I am that you turned in to such a neat freak! You certainly weren't like that as a teen-ager! Oh well, you make a great wife and mother!
The picture of Ty on Danny's lap touches my heart. What a great Daddy he is!
Love,
Mom
That is such a precious picture of Ty and Daddy! Those are such sweet moments...treasure them.
As for your pantry-it looks awesome! PLEASE come visit and organize mine! I'll babysit for free!! :-)
Post a Comment