Monday, March 3, 2008

The Sneezy-Wheezies

Tyler and I contracted the sneezy-wheezies late last week. We were both sniffly and snotty and feeling rotten. With the purchase of a vaporizer and some much-needed rest, we are just about back to normal.

While Ty has been living with a stuffy nose, I've done my best to keep it clear with the aspirator we were given at the hospital. Thankfully, he's a really good sport about it because I know it can't be comfortable to have what feels like your brains being sucked out of your nostrils (it does help that I turn into a completely goofy idiot during the process, which makes him smile). He only gets testy about it when I put saline drops in his nose and then suck out the goo...he's not into that procedure much at all. Can't blame him.

So, since it tickles me to see him laugh and smile at me while I suck snot out of his nose, I thought I'd share...

The things you do for your kids...

Oh, and this was immediately pre-bath, so he's not dressed from the waist down. Danny tried to avoid that area, but we apologize for a brief flash at the beginning. I also wish the lighting was a little better...sorry, we're working on it!


4 comments:

Bill said...

If you can keep him liking that, you will reap the benefits for months to come.

I still get tickled when I hear you do the mom voice! :-)

Unknown said...

I need you around, I have had the stuffy nose for about a month now.
You are great at the mom voice!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much he has grown. It is unbelievable! I can't wait to get my hands on him again!
Love,
Mom

Joy Peterson said...

That just might be the most precious thing I've heard since my doodlebug was that age!!! And I love the sneezie wheezie idea--how creative. It took me about 10 months to develop the "lets tickle your nose." You're good, Watson.

And I love the mama voice!!! You've got it down like a pro!!!