Lydie's first birthday is mere weeks away, and I am on a mission to plan a party for her. Unfortunately, I'm running into brick walls around every corner I turn. If our house had enough room, we'd just have it here, but that's not an option. So, I've been canvassing parks and playrooms and gyms for the last several days. It's exhausting. But, my girl will have a fun party if it's the last thing I do. I'll keep you posted with how that search progresses.
Yesterday morning I took Lydie to the doctor because her wheezing had hit an all time high. I had already started giving her the inhaler the doctor had prescribed the last time she was wheezy, but it didn't seem to be doing much good. No fever and no other flu-like symptoms meant she was likely suffering from allergies. The pollen is terrible around here, and I think every single tree and flower within a 100 mile radius is in full bloom right this minute. The doctor confirmed my suspicions, added an additional inhaler, and banned her from too much outdoor activity (which eliminates birthday parties in a park). From here, we'll just wait it out.
At the appointment, Lydie weighed 9.10 kg, which apparently equals about 20 pounds (Google said it's 20.06 lbs), and she is 29 3/4 inches long. She's going to be tall like her Daddy, I think! At her neurology appointment on Friday, her head was about 45 cm around. She's growing well despite her slack eating habits and lazy personality. We just adore our little princess. One of these days she'll get on the move and get an appetite. I just know it!!
We are within hours of Noni and Poppy leaving us. I can't think too much about it or I'll cry. We have enjoyed them so much.
Now, Ty and I are off to tackle more birthday business.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
On a Mission
Posted by The Watsons at 9:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment