This picture is blurry. I'm sorry about that. I was screaming for joy and jumping up and down and laughing and clapping as I took this picture.
I'm a multi-tasker like that.
Lest you think I'm a nutcase (which you may already think anyway), let me explain the pure, unadulterated excitement that was taking place as this picture was snapped and that beautiful grin was captured for all time.
As you know, Lydie has been making very slow progress in the gross motor skills department. Some days I am really, really brave and strong and optimistic about it, but, other days, I fight my pride and my sadness and throw pity parties like it's my job. I'm on an emotional roller coaster at almost all times regarding her growth and development and whether I'm doing all I can to help her.
One thing is certain, however. I never stop praying for her. I go to bed every night praying for my kids, and my prayers, in many ways, turn to begging and pleading on Lydie's behalf. As of late, those prayers have revolved around asking the Lord to give me a glimpse of some progress, to show me that He is helping her, to help me let go of some of my worry.
He answered that prayer today.
I laid Lydie down in her crib, changed her diaper pail liner, walked the sealed bag to the hallway, and returned to her room planning to kiss her and turn on her music.
When I walked back in, the little girl I had laid down moments earlier was now SITTING UP in her bed!
I have no idea how she did it. Frankly, I don't care how she did it. All I know is the physical therapist who did Lydie's assessment on March 18th gave me some exercises to work on with Lydie and one of them involved building her muscles for going from a reclined position to sitting up. She is in no way proficient at this skill, as she has only done it this one time, but that's enough. It's more than enough to let me know that the Lord is hearing my prayers, watching over her, and healing her in His time and His way.
In my Bible Study at church, we often share "Kisses From Jesus" moments. These are moments that those who don't know Christ might refer to as coincidence or irony or happenstance, but those of us who know Christ, know better.
Today, I got a kiss from Jesus. I felt like the Lord Himself bent down from Heaven and kissed me on the cheek as I stood over that crib screaming and jumping and clapping and witnessing my baby girl do something I've been praying for her to do for so, so long.
Way to go, Lydie! Way to go, Lord! Thank you both for your blessings...and your kisses!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
A Kiss from Jesus
Posted by The Watsons at 2:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a wonderful moment...truly special! We will keep sending prayers your way. By the way, you are a fabulous mama!
Love this! You should send it somewhere to be published! It made me tear up! Your posts inspire me!
awesome, awesome, awesome!!! that little girl is determined to show us, isn't she??? of course, if she is anything like her mother....
can't wait to see that precious girl!!!
I'm in tears right now...so awesome....so thankful that God answered your prayers in such a sweet and intimate way...
Post a Comment